15 replies to this topic

#1 George

George

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

I recently spent a night at Valley of the Gods. They ask you to camp in spots that have been used in the past, but there were at least 30 of these spots. Some were more secluded than others. I was not sure where to go, so I just found a very well worn and wide area. But there were much nicer spots.

There are some pictures here, starting around the 30th, with a picture from the Moki switchbacks on the road down to Valley of the Gods from the north.

http://picasaweb.goo...ge/ValGods1009#

I've never really pasted links to this album. Hope it works.

I would certainly go back there in the Spring or Fall, to camp. There is a fair amount of traffic. The road is difficult in a few spots for anything that might hang up, like a trailer or motorhome.

George

#2 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Thats a great album George, thanks for posting it. Can't wait to get back to Utah myself.

#3 Argonaut20

Argonaut20

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:00 PM

Great photos!

2006 Tacoma, '66 AS Caravel,  2002 Eagle

#4 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

Great pics, Great place. Thanks for posting.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,387 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:56 AM

Thanks for sharing your photos, they're very nice. We traveled through Valley of the Gods last April and this place helped convinced us we needed a pop up camper. Indeed a very special place.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:32 AM

Very nice.

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#7 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

We were there last week but stayed at Sand Island on the San Juan but it did look like there were some nice spots with great views. I would imagine that once the sun headed down traffic/vehicles would become few and far between? I towed a smaller high clearance trailer and a extra rack on my front hitch and no issues but there are some washes that require some clearance. Nice shots, thanks.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#8 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

Very nice pix Thanks.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#9 George

George

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

We were there last week but stayed at Sand Island on the San Juan but it did look like there were some nice spots with great views. I would imagine that once the sun headed down traffic/vehicles would become few and far between? I towed a smaller high clearance trailer and a extra rack on my front hitch and no issues but there are some washes that require some clearance. Nice shots, thanks.

No traffic after dark when I was there. Some of the twists and grades would be very challenging at night.

Have had good luck with a Panasonic G1. Very simple, even with raw files.

George

#10 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

Very nice set! Looks like you had great weather too.

Valley of the Gods is a very special place. One of my best camping mornings ever was waking up in VOG, to see several hot air balloons filling and lifting off just below our campsite. Man, I just love Utah!

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users