• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCrested Butte, CO

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

I get my camper winterized and in the garage one day ahead of the last storm thinking..."man am I on top of things or what, getting the camper in dry storage before the snow moved in". It's great to have the garage to store the camper, but it was kind of a major effort, and I really don't want to do it but once a year. Now that the forecast is nothing but sun for another ten days or so, all I want to do is put it on the truck and go. Unfortunately, I can't leave it on the truck for the winter as I put my truck in tha garage as well, but it won't fit with the camper on.

What's a guy to do? Posted Image

For those of you who still have the campers on, please post piuctures so I might live vicariously through others!

Good camping,

Paul
2008 F-150 5.4L QC 4x4, ride rite air bags, 2009 Hallmark Milner LX

#2 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:05 PM

Paul,

My camper is in the garage for the winter also. It's tough getting through the winter but WTW certainly helps till spring arrives. I might have taken the camper off too early as it's 55 degrees here today!

RJ

I get my camper winterized and in the garage one day ahead of the last storm thinking..."man am I on top of things or what, getting the camper in dry storage before the snow moved in". It's great to have the garage to store the camper, but it was kind of a major effort, and I really don't want to do it but once a year. Now that the forecast is nothing but sun for another ten days or so, all I want to do is put it on the truck and go. Unfortunately, I can't leave it on the truck for the winter as I put my truck in tha garage as well, but it won't fit with the camper on.

What's a guy to do? Posted Image

For those of you who still have the campers on, please post piuctures so I might live vicariously through others!

Good camping,

Paul

RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

#3 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:36 AM

Ah, well, I don't have a garage and I am basically living in mine for the next 14 months, so here it is. I had to get up to the Bells for a local client before they close the road for the season, great morning for shooting, can now check them off of my Winter list....

Winter camping, yeah baby!

Attached Thumbnails

• Wint_1.jpg
  • Snow_5.jpg

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

#4 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCrested Butte, CO

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:26 AM

Ah, well, I don't have a garage and I am basically living in mine for the next 14 months, so here it is. I had to get up to the Bells for a local client before they close the road for the season, great morning for shooting, can now check them off of my Winter list....

Winter camping, yeah baby!

Great shot of the Bells Kodachrome. Thanks for sharing. I usually only see them from my side of the hill. They are beautiful from any perspective aren't they?

Thanks again for the pic's

Paul
2008 F-150 5.4L QC 4x4, ride rite air bags, 2009 Hallmark Milner LX

#5 CJinCA

CJinCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:50 AM

Though the weather here doesn't turn frigid, the truck & camper are spared unneccessary exposure to the elements by emptying the air bags and airing down the tires. Able to fit in a standard garage with a couple of inches to spare. If nothing is planned for the camper for 10 days or more, the rig goes in the garage. One of the few perks to having the smaller camper and truck. :D It takes about 20 minutes to back out of the garage and air everything back up and I'm ready for the road again.

Posted Image

#6 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,775 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

with the 7 foot door I had the header moved up to a 8 foot door. Cost some for a new insulated door and opener, but it was well worth it to have the truck and camper in the garage and allways ready

Kodachrome thanks for the image of the Bells...

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users