• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

I hear about a billion dollars, not too bad for a company who didn't take any of the billions that the govt. was giving away to any broke and poorly managed company who wanted it. Now comes the problem, Ford has labor contracts comming up and the guy who gets 35 bucks an hour for installing a set of floor mats is going to want more money, what are you going to do, this is one of the reasons we can't compete. I thought the customer satisfaction survey released at the same time was interesting. Ford: 90% positive GM: 44% positive Chrysler 4% positive. I guess we know why they spun the truck business off to a stand alone company.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#2 John D

John D

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

Fisherman,

I blame GM executives for what happened to their company. When government first started interfering in vehicle design, after Ralph Nader’s attacks on the Corvair in the early 1960s, they should have demanded the right to keep vehicle design and engineering between them and their customers. Companies that fail to put their customers first, ahead of government, unions, and lawyers will go out of business.

John D

#3 The Saints

The Saints

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

I learned how to drive in a Corvair, slippery little thing it was!

Scott, Valerie and Dukino 
2002 Tacoma Ext Cab TRD 4 X 4
2020 FourWheel Fleet, loaded

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users