24 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:35 AM

Anyone have any good pics of off the beaten path camping spots that you have travelled to in your FWC? I'll start:

Edge of the Sky Lakes Wilderness in Oregon.

Shore of Lake San Cristobal, Colorado

Attached Thumbnails

• camper-skylakes_sm.jpg
  • camper-sancristobal_sm.jpg

#2 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKelowna, BC, Canada

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:57 AM

Here is a very windy, but very private campsite on the East coast of the Cape York Peninsula in Queensland, Australia (near Somerset Beach). There is a small cliff, maybe 8' high, of volcanic rock berween us and the ocean. This was our favourite bushcamping spot in Australia
Posted Image

#3 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

Here is a very windy, but very private campsite on the East coast of the Cape York Peninsula in Queensland, Australia (near Somerset Beach). There is a small cliff, maybe 8' high, of volcanic rock berween us and the ocean. This was our favourite bushcamping spot in Australia

Could you see the sharks circling from the camper :D

#4 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:59 PM

Alvord Desert, Oregon
Mine dump near Rhyolite, Nevada

Attached Thumbnails

• camper-steens_sm.jpg
  • mine-dump.jpg

#5 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:51 PM

Great thread topic!

This along Indian Creek, outside of Moab, Utah at the southern end of Lockhart Canyon -
Posted Image

Fish Haven, Idaho on Bear Lake (straddles the UT & ID border) -
Posted Image

Bull Lake on the Wind River Indian Reservation (permit from the tribes required) near Lander, Wyoming -
Posted Image

Just outside Natural Bridges National Monument, near Blanding, Utah. This night time photo was taken by my friend, Darren. See his amazing Colorado photo gallery and more at MyColorado.org -
Posted Image

#6 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:46 PM

Could you see the sharks circling from the camper :D

You mean like this?
Posted Image
Actually this photo is about 1 km from the camper in Coral Bay, WA. Feeding frenzy of Black Tip Reef Sharks. They are about 20-25 feet from the beach, I was standing up to my knees in the water to get the pics (it was ok because I made sure my friend who was also in the water taking photos was closer than me to the sharks!)
Cheers
Mark

#7 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:04 PM

Hey Dirty Dog and KC, I was looking at your photos and realized that both of your campers are missing something. How come your campers don't have the exterior storm flaps for the windows? Do they only come on certain models, and don't you get water inside during heavy rain?
Posted Image
Cheers
Mark

#8 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

Mine's old......:(

I don't think they were an option until the last few years. I see them on the list now though for all models.

I've only been in a couple of real heavy rains and I do have to keep the clear windows up, but I can open the small roll open window and the sliding front window for ventilation.

#9 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

I don't recall exterior storm flaps being an option. My windows have two internal layers - a canvas (or whatever that soft siding is) layer, and under that a clear plastic layer. Maybe this clear plastic layer is newer and seals the water out?

#10 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:04 AM

I don't recall exterior storm flaps being an option. My windows have two internal layers - a canvas (or whatever that soft siding is) layer, and under that a clear plastic layer. Maybe this clear plastic layer is newer and seals the water out?

Mine has the 2 inside layers 1-clear plastic, & 1-grey fabric/vinyl. Plus it has the exterior storm flap. This was standard on my '04 (not an option) What year is your camper DirtyDog? I guess that this was recent a change, these guys have a great custom A frame idea:
http://www.dodgeram....WinAwnings.htm
Posted Image
Cheers
Mark
ps: sorry I have sidetracked this post. I will shut up now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users