floor plan photos

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

I just put up the floor plan photos for a Panther on our web site. If anyone gets a chance, please take a look and let me know what you think. Instead of drawings like everyone else uses, I decided to try photos. I think it gives you a better idea of what you are trying to buy.

Would appreciate any feed back.

Now that everyone has done the search, here is a link. Sorry I didn't put it up earlier.

https://www.allterra...Floor_Plan.html
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#2 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hi Ben,

I think the pictures are great and do give you a sense of space and what you are buying. Being me I would still want to see a drawing with dimensions. That alows me to see how long and wide is that couch along with seeing the couch. Then again alot of people would not care, they see it and want it and they buy it anyway.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#3 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,029 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

Good idea. I like it better than the blueprint look.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:00 AM

I like it. Gives a good feel for the interior. Think you should also have a wide angle pic looking in from the door. I don't know when you would have too many pics, but showing a person using the interior might be useful. This would certainly be more information and more valuable than competitors are doing.

#5 John D

John D

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:26 AM

The pictures as you have presented them on your web site are an improvement over simple line drawings found on other camper web sites I have seen. Rosemary and I were looking at the pictures you added to the ATC web site this morning and we could see the wonderful simplicity of the design. The camper pictured is excellent, except for one fault for an old man like me. When boondocking with the top down, the port-a- potty is under the bed and I would have to wake up my wife to get at it. Once again, I am given the female glare when women are letting men know we are not smart. As she leaves the room in disgust, she says, "use a mayonase jar".

#6 cvc

cvc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:48 AM

I like the overhead shots. It think it would be helpful to have a person or common object (what I don't know) in the photo so you can get the "feel" of the size of the space.

Ward

#7 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:20 AM

Thanks for all the feed back everyone. I really appreciate it. I added the dimensions of the overhead bed and the couch to the site tonight. I do get a lot of questions on that one. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

I agree with having someone in the camper for perspective. I thought of that after I took the photos. Will get some next time with someone in it. Of course my idea would be a bikini clad female type getting a sun tan on the bed with the roof off. I believe that would cause another scowl from John's wife though with the comment of what a male pig that I was. Unfortunately I would not be able to disagree with her on that one. Guess I will have to think of something else.:D

Thanks again everyone for the feed back.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

#8 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:25 AM

Kilroy,

I agree with your idea. My camera though with the wide angle lens gives too much fish bowl effect. I have not been happy at all when trying to use it. I hope that pretty soon I will be able to hire a photographer and get some real pictures. Of course we would need the campers here long enough to do that and you guys are taking them from us as fast as we can build them right now.

That is not a complaint though. :D
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

#9 CLynn85

CLynn85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:51 PM

I think that's a great idea, gives a much better feel for things than just a schematic. Way to stay a step ahead Ben.
-Carl 2007 Tacoma TRD with Eagle/RangerII?????

#10 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:06 AM

Years ago there was a fairly well known (but my mind can't remember the name, probably will when I go to bed:o ) (just came to me, Stephensons, I think) manufacturer of quality backpacking equipment; tents, back packs, etc. They used nude models to demonstrate their equipment. You could have two sets of pictures, one for the open minded, and one for the not as open minded.:D

I agree with having someone in the camper for perspective. I thought of that after I took the photos. Will get some next time with someone in it. Of course my idea would be a bikini clad female type getting a sun tan on the bed with the roof off. I believe that would cause another scowl from John's wife though with the comment of what a male pig that I was. Unfortunately I would not be able to disagree with her on that one. Guess I will have to think of something else.:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users