1999 Grandby

Phil

Due to my back surgery, I cant lift it up.:(

I have a 1999 Granby. Its 59 3/4" wide @ the bed . It has all the extras. 3 way frig, heater,8' awing, alum roof rack sliding back window, four hydraulic jacks, alum steps, screen door, extended bed over cab, I put in Bamboo floors with stone at the entry refaced all the cabinets with pine, leather on all the seats, flat screen TV with DVD player, teak counter tops, 3000 watt converter, extra 120 power outlet on the outside, roof lift assist ,Tule side kick on the roof, new BLUE top gel battery. removable AC unit, I replaced all the screws with new stainless steel screws inside and out. .. the list goes on here are a few pics. Send a PM if interested. I have over $16,000 in it . But will take $8,000 or best offer.

Attachments

• P6070038.jpg
    P6070038.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 287
  • P6010070.jpg
    P6010070.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 361
  • P5140031.jpg
    P5140031.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 413
  • P5140030.jpg
    P5140030.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 364
  • P5140029.jpg
    P5140029.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 352
  • CIMG0006.jpg
    CIMG0006.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 329
  • CIMG0001.jpg
    CIMG0001.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 268

I have a 1999 Granby. Its 59 3/4" wide @ the bed . It has all the extras. 3 way frig, heater,8' awing, alum roof rack sliding back window, four hydraulic jacks, alum steps, screen door, extended bed over cab, I put in Bamboo floors with stone at the entry refaced all the cabinets with pine, leather on all the seats, flat screen TV with DVD player, teak counter tops, 3000 watt converter, extra 120 power outlet on the outside, roof lift assist ,Tule side kick on the roof, new BLUE top gel battery. removable AC unit, I replaced all the screws with new stainless steel screws inside and out. .. the list goes on here are a few pics. Send a PM if interested. I have over $16,000 in it . But will take $8,000 or best offer.

Wow! What a nice rig. Sorry you have to part with it, but someone is going to get a really nice camper. I have a 2008 Hawk already, so am not in the market, but I am interested in knowing more about how you refaced the cabinets. Did you build all new doors with pine or did you put some kind of veneer on the existing doors? The cheap veneer is already pulling loose on the edges of some of my cabinet doors and I'll need to deal with it at some point. I'm a bit dissappointed in the quality of the cabinet materials Four Wheel used in building my camper.

I JUST DROPPED MY CAMPER OFF YESTERDAY TO HAVE SOME WARRANTY WORK COMPLETED ON SAME PROBLEM WITH LAMINATE COMING LOOSE. BOTH OF MY FOLDING PANELS HAVE THE FINISH COMING LOOSE, BUT FWC IS TAKING CARE OF THE PROBLEM. I HAVE HAD SEVERAL PIECES OF THE INTERIOR CABINETS REPLACED ALREADY TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM WITH THE LAMINATE. I WAS TOLD THAT FWC IS AWARE OF THE CONCERN, THEY HAVE CHANGED VENDORS FOR THIS PRODUCT. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONTACT THEM ABOUT THE CONCERN. I'M JUST HOPING THIS DOES NOT CONTINUE TO HAPPEN TO THE CABINET LAMINATE. SO FAR NO PROBLEMS WITH THE DOORS OR DRAWERS. SEE YA !

Wow! What a nice rig. Sorry you have to part with it, but someone is going to get a really nice camper. I have a 2008 Hawk already, so am not in the market, but I am interested in knowing more about how you refaced the cabinets. Did you build all new doors with pine or did you put some kind of veneer on the existing doors? The cheap veneer is already pulling loose on the edges of some of my cabinet doors and I'll need to deal with it at some point. I'm a bit dissappointed in the quality of the cabinet materials Four Wheel used in building my camper.

I removed all the factory doors and fronts and built new ones out of solid pine]file:///Users/phil/Desktop/P5120024.jpgP5120024.jpg

,,,,,,,, roof lift assist ,.......

Bummer about the back surgery. I hope all ends well.

I had similar thoughts of selling my camper after a severe bout of Sciatica that started in November and has lasted for a couple of months. I haven't touched the camper since the back problems set in. But the Sciatica is improving and I thought I’d have FWC install their gas strut lift assist in my camper. I’m hoping that will make enough difference that I won’t reinjure myself lifting the roof.

If you don’t mind me asking, are you using one of the homemade cable & pulley lifts that I’ve seen posted here, or are you using FWC’s gas strut lift for lifting your roof? If it was FWC’s lift assist, how much did it help in lifting the roof?

Good luck with the sale!

Bummer about the back surgery. I hope all ends well.

I had similar thoughts of selling my camper after a severe bout of Sciatica that started in November and has lasted for a couple of months. I haven't touched the camper since the back problems set in. But the Sciatica is improving and I thought I’d have FWC install their gas strut lift assist in my camper. I’m hoping that will make enough difference that I won’t reinjure myself lifting the roof.

If you don’t mind me asking, are you using one of the homemade cable & pulley lifts that I’ve seen posted here, or are you using FWC’s gas strut lift for lifting your roof? If it was FWC’s lift assist, how much did it help in lifting the roof?

Good luck with the sale!

I have the factory struts installed they help for the front.but not the back.

Would something like this help?
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=547
It works on both front and back and looks simple. Also looks like it works.

I have tried a few different ways that I saw here on the forms. I bought some struts for the back. But I don't want to F up my back anymore.

But thanks

Ouch. Back problems are the pits! I've spent 10+ years avoiding surgery and riding the pain train. My neck is also toast. Some kinda fun!

Good luck with the sale. Maybe one of FWC's new hardsiders would fill the bill and still get ya out there?

all the best

mtn

mxvp,

Do you carry an air compressor? Camelracer built a device out of pvc that he attaches an air hose to and pops his roof up faster than I can lift mine. We were all amazed at last year's DV rally when he demonstrated it. Maybe he can chime in with some photos and info on how he made it. How about, Dick, you out there?

mxvp,

Do you carry an air compressor? Camelracer built a device out of pvc that he attaches an air hose to and pops his roof up faster than I can lift mine. We were all amazed at last year's DV rally when he demonstrated it. Maybe he can chime in with some photos and info on how he made it. How about, Dick, you out there?

I did contact Camelracer and checked out his PVC ram way cool. I don't have a air compressor for the truck. I think at this point I will just give it a try and sell. If I cant I will either install struts on the back that I bought already or find a place for the compressor.

Ouch. Back problems are the pits! I've spent 10+ years avoiding surgery and riding the pain train. My neck is also toast. Some kinda fun!

Good luck with the sale. Maybe one of FWC's new hardsiders would fill the bill and still get ya out there?

all the best

mtn

I think we might need another thread on bad backs. I had some nasty sciatica and after some delay i had a little laminectomy that took care of it and have been great since. Know someone who might be interested in the camper, I'll pass it along.

Damn you MXVP..... This rig is way nice. I've been in it in person. Wish has the $. How's about this: I'll trade you my 84 grandby - it has fewer things on the roof so it will be easier on your back to lift up + maybe you can give me $100 for the "light weight" option.... Let me know!!

Damn you MXVP..... This rig is way nice. I've been in it in person. Wish has the $. How's about this: I'll trade you my 84 grandby - it has fewer things on the roof so it will be easier on your back to lift up + maybe you can give me $100 for the "light weight" option.... Let me know!!

ONLY 100 bucks out of my pocket heck I think I will throe in my 07 truck :LOL::LOL::LOL: Dreamer get back to work !!!!
I think the meds are talking :D

check your pm
looks like a nice rig

Thanks

Arty

I sent you the list did you get it

Phil

Back
Top Bottom