Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:22 AM

Mother is in favor of some heat.

#12 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

One of the things we all enjoy about our FWC campers if the fact they allow us to get away from the crowded RV type camping and get out into the boonies. FWC owners tend to camp by themselves. Along with the seclusion, comes the responsibility of tending to our own security needs. There is no 911 response in areas that we camp.

Whether you choose to pack or not, you should always keep a keen sense of your surroundings. If anything or anyone gives me a spooky feeling....I listen to my "gut" and will move my camp immediately. The best fight is the one that never happened.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#13 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

IMO, we could end quite a bit of the illegal activity happening near our border with the stroke of a pen. (legalization)

That...or maybe we should just build a fence? Posted Image

Not packin any heat here. Marijuana (even the legal stuff we have here) and guns don't mix in the eyes of the law. Toss in a few hundred dollar bills and it gets REAL interesting real fast.

In the end I'd rather deal with the crooks than the cops. Been there, done that!

be safe, all

mtn
Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#14 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

Mtn,
Maybe if you try this stuff? :lol: :lol:

Was, 1988 Toyota custom cab 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1995 Toyota T-100 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1993 Toyota T-100 longbed 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
Then, 2002 Toyota Tundra AC 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
NOW, 2005 TOYOTA TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH 2001 FWC HAWK EXT

#15 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:50 PM

<rant music="stars and stripes forever">

I believe we should all learn proper handling of firearms and teach our children the same. I think this is a patriotic duty. Private ownership of firearms is one of the many necessary checks and balances on our government.

</rant>

Really, if you wanna keep talking about this, it belongs in another thread, I think.

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB
2007 F350 XLT Diesel CC SRW SB 4x4
Cheap tent and a Partner Steel stove. 
Future? Really like the Hiatus, but I'm broke AF, so dreaming about a DIY.
SOLD: 2008 ATC Panther:dinette, 5th wheel

#16 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

It's one thing to discuss the practical merits of this issue as it relates to our travels, but let's keep the politics out of it please. This site is not the place for that.

#17 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

Apologies all around if *I* offended anyone with my comments regarding medical marijuana (I missed what was deleted) and to leadsled for mucking up his thread.

be well, all

mtn

Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#18 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

Apologies all around if *I* offended anyone with my comments regarding medical marijuana (I missed what was deleted) and to leadsled for mucking up his thread.

be well, all

mtn

I didn't delete anything.....

#19 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,564 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

Factory option? I'm getting my concealed carry permit soon, how many of you carry where you are out traveling?

In my turf I don't carry anything (unless I am worried about bears for instance) but if I was down along the boarder I would and that is truly sad that the area is so messed up my scum that its required.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#20 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

Factory option? I'm getting my concealed carry permit soon, how many of you carry where you are out traveling?

In Bear Country I carry a 870 with 18" barrel, xtended tube, pistol grip and collapsable stock with eight rounds of double odd and deer slugs. Other wise Mr Glock is my sentry.

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users