• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hi Guys,

For the diesel geeks in the crowd here's a great write up of Ford's new engine for the 2011 Super Duty trucks. My brother just saw an early release test unit at the dealer (for sale units won't hit the dealership until June) and said it hummed like a v8 gasser. He said it was very quite and since he drives a 7.3 liter diesel he know loud diesel noise :-)

I'm excited about this engine!

Enjoy:

http://news.pickuptr...sel-engine.html
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#2 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

Hi Guys,

For the diesel geeks in the crowd here's a great write up of Ford's new engine for the 2011 Super Duty trucks. My brother just saw an early release test unit at the dealer (for sale units won't hit the dealership until June) and said it hummed like a v8 gasser. He said it was very quite and since he drives a 7.3 liter diesel he know loud diesel noise :-)

I'm excited about this engine!

Enjoy:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/08/first-look-fords-new-6-7-liter-v-8-scorpion-power-stroke-diesel-engine.html

Think they might get it right this time??
Or will this be another Ford diesel that has a 3 or 4 year run then gets replaced again??

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#3 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:00 PM

I posted a picture of this motor six months ago, and nobody cared then.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#4 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:19 AM

I cared. Crankopotomus.

#5 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

He's back and boo hooing!

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#6 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

This is the perfect opportunity for Toyota, they could put the Navistar 6.0 in the Tundra, they would have a truck with unintended acceleration along with a motor that won't run. I think it would solve a lot of their problems, and they would finally have the diesel option that everybody wants, brilliant Eh'.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#7 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:36 PM

Jon, Edna and I are still trying to forgive you for not being home whenever we stopped by unannounced last summer, so that's why I have a hard time responding to your posts.

Hope you are bearing up.

#8 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

Jon, Edna and I are still trying to forgive you for not being home whenever we stopped by unannounced last summer, so that's why I have a hard time responding to your posts.

Hope you are bearing up.

Mark, I felt real bad about that, I've decided to not leave the house until you return. I'll dream up something we can all do this summer, I've been advised that I am going to have to take it easier on myself from now on so if I'm not racing I'll just be laying on the couch waiting for you guys to come back, I sure hope you do.

#9 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Mark, I felt real bad about that, I've decided to not leave the house until you return. I'll dream up something we can all do this summer, I've been advised that I am going to have to take it easier on myself from now on so if I'm not racing I'll just be laying on the couch waiting for you guys to come back, I sure hope you do.

Last race last season, 2 laps to go running 2nd. but the guy in front of me used up his tires and I got him at the next corner, it was probably the best race I ever ran. I won that race by .04 thousands of a sec. in a FORD powered car.

Attached Thumbnails

• n70653411960_1930402_6507710.jpg

#10 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

Last race last season, 2 laps to go running 2nd. but the guy in front of me used up his tires and I got him at the next corner, it was probably the best race I ever ran. I won that race by .04 thousands of a sec. in a FORD powered car.

This is the car as of 1am. this morning, it's time for the yearly rebuild, if you would like I can do one for you too.

Attached Thumbnails

• 007.JPG
  • 008.JPG
  • 010.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users