cacapasa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationJackson Hole Wy.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

Thanks for the advice

H20 sanitize???????
sounds easy but there's got to be an easier way to drain the storage tank. pumping takes awhile

There should be a drain on the outside of the camper. After flushing I use a product called Tastepure to help keep my stored water tasting fresh.
2001 Ford F-150 4x4 v8, Firestone sport rite airbags, 2000 FWC Grandby.

#22 Freelheeler

Freelheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGardiner, MT

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:52 PM

the work on the camper has slowed down, ACL surgery slows a guy down (5/7). however the boss actually let me crutch out to the camper yesterday then it was back to the articulating knee torture device (6+ hours/day) starting the day of surgery. Thanks goodness for good drugs...

H2O
I know of the drain on the side of the camper but that's for gray water. i'm looking for a drain for the main storage tank so i don't have to pump it dry.

electrical (charging and fridge)
plan to rewire the 12v to the fridge and bypass the original fuse, probably pick up an inline fuse, any thoughts on sizing the fuse? i'd also like a manual switch to ensure the fridge does not deplete the battery

#23 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,387 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

My water tank drain screws into the bottom of the tank through the camper and is directly above the bed side of the truck. I believe the petcock is standard. I put the elbow on it to gain more clearance.

Attached Thumbnails

• drain-001-web.jpg

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#24 cacapasa

cacapasa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationJackson Hole Wy.

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

My water tank drain screws into the bottom of the tank through the camper and is directly above the bed side of the truck. I believe the petcock is standard. I put the elbow on it to gain more clearance.

That's the drain I was talking about. (petcock) Most are aware of the grey water drain.
2001 Ford F-150 4x4 v8, Firestone sport rite airbags, 2000 FWC Grandby.

#25 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,033 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:52 AM

Whether you need to go solar and leds really depends on what type of camping you do. For weekend trips I really don't see the need for it. Its not like you leave the lights on all that long anyways. If its more expedition type trips, then all that stuff becomes much more worthwhile. More than likely you won't need to carry an extra propane tank. I find mine usually lasts the whole season. That heating, cooking, barbecuing etc.

There should be a drain for the water. Maybe someone plugged it off once?

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#26 Freelheeler

Freelheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGardiner, MT

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

thats the drain i need (petcock) i'll take a look today if the boss lets me crutch out of the house?

#27 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

electrical (charging and fridge)

plan to rewire the 12v to the fridge and bypass the original fuse, probably pick up an inline fuse, any thoughts on sizing the fuse? i'd also like a manual switch to ensure the fridge does not deplete the battery

Check with the maker of your fridge, or somebody here for the amps of your 12v heating element. Then use an inline fuse with more amps than the element. Most elements seem to be 7-15 amps range so you could ballpark the fuse at 20amps if you are only going to run the fridge on that line.

How do you switch between 12v, 120v and propane now?

Stew

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#28 Freelheeler

Freelheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGardiner, MT

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

I haven't actually run the fridge on anything but propane and only moment. the previous owner only had the camper for a few months over winter and didn't run the fridge so i'm learning about it as i go. it appears the 12v was disconnected or at least i can't find a live wire coming into the unit. there's a switch on the rear of the fridge that switches between the 3 options.

#29 Freelheeler

Freelheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGardiner, MT

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

so back on the camper... the knee plus sickness has put me behind

H20
Figured it out... called FWC for some insight. turns out the drain on the ranger II is directly over the bed rail of the Toyota Tundra. The previous owner must have modified the drain and put in a plug which allows the camper to fit the Tundra, thankfully! so in order to access the drain i have to raise the camper, sort of a pain but it works for now. if anyone have modified their campers and relocated the drain please let me know.

Fan
talked to FANTASTIC FANS a few weeks ago trying to trouble shot my problem and they ended up sending me brand new innards. got around to installing it yesterday and the fan works great!!!

#30 Freelheeler

Freelheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGardiner, MT

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

Problem...1

Took the camper out this weekend nothing like a little rain and snow to appreciate not sleeping on the ground. Went over to Cody and checked out the museum dogs and all, it was pretty nasty out and we would pop up the camper and have lunch and take breaks in the parking lot, the dogs loved it.

Ended up camping up on highway 212 (beartooth pass) around 8500' or above, and had major problems keeping the Mr. Buddy heater lit! the wife got cold and i spent too much time screwing with the thing. A few details on my setup; i have about 15' of propane line running from the main tank. So i'm thinking the pressure is too low and/or elevation?? I really don't want to use the portable canisters.

I need a heater that works at this elevation and above and i thought this was it... maybe i need the wave3??? any thoughts

Any recommendations on automatic water pumps? my pumper isn't staying primed and i can see the benefits of running water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users