#11 Fitwon

Fitwon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

Thanks for the info Fisherman. I was under the belief that Firestone only makes the "Coil Rite" bags for the 2009 Ram 1500 (Coil springs not leaf spring suspension). The "Ride Rite" bags are only for leaf suspensions. Is that right or not? As most are aware I know very little but enjoy life more that way.
2009 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4 2009 River Hawk 190XL, Evinrude E-Tech 115 2007 Outfitter Caribou 8 Yukon Next

#12 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:54 AM

Thanks for the info Fisherman. I was under the belief that Firestone only makes the "Coil Rite" bags for the 2009 Ram 1500 (Coil springs not leaf spring suspension). The "Ride Rite" bags are only for leaf suspensions. Is that right or not? As most are aware I know very little but enjoy life more that way.

Yep, you are correct, I didn't realize you had a 1/2 ton truck, so I stand corrected.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#13 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:06 AM

Air nipple placement? Best one I ever saw was the nipples placed at the license plate frame. If you didn't look you wouldn't know it. One for each side. Nice, clean, stealth.

good luck.
Dave

I have mine on the license plate. I looked at putting inside the door to the gas fill. They will stay clean and out of sight. Someone on the site put theirs under the door.

Found picture here
http://media.photobucket.com/image/air%20bag%20valves%20gas%20cover/Toxarch/Tundra%20Pics/Air%20Bags/P2210012Medium.jpg

Bill

#14 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:30 AM

I've seen them in the plate frame and that seemed okay. I just put them in my wheel well though. There were some holes already available in the body seem that worked perfect, they are up out of the way and easy to get to. I check my tires and airbags at the same time so its one stop on each side rather than another back at the license plate.

The valve is that off white thing in the picture (valve cover).
Posted Image

Because of where I drive, I would be afraid that the valves would soon become unserviceable in that location, what with all the dirt and grime the tires would through onto them. Your mileage me differ.

#15 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,564 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

Because of where I drive, I would be afraid that the valves would soon become unserviceable in that location, what with all the dirt and grime the tires would through onto them. Your mileage me differ.

I see no difference between it and a normal tire valve. If you keep the covers on them the valve portion stays clean, I don't care if the rest of the stem gets grimy.

Also its hard to tell depth perception on the photo but they are not directly in the plane of the tire either. That seem is closer to the frame rail than the tire.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users