16 replies to this topic

#11 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,028 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:36 PM

I had some stuff in my cabinet with the sliders and could not get it open. I had to disassemble it to fix it. Its definitely on the list of things to be modified/replaced. The rest of the cabinets are fine, I just had to add an external hook latch (whatever you call those things) so they can't come open accidentally.

#12 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:24 AM

The guy who I bought my Ranger from removed the sliding doors on the bottom cabinet and the routed out track was split. He was just using bins in the open cabinet.

I ended up making doors that hinge on the bottom. Here are before and after pics...

Attached Thumbnails

• ranger01.jpg
  • 20070415_007.jpg

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#13 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:30 AM

Yeah that's more like it, some nice doors that won't be frustrating or snap.
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#14 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,775 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:13 AM

Hi Jim,

That looks great! I'm making a cabinet in a Kestrel, what kind of a latch did you use and mounted top center? And are those outside mount hinges?

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#15 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

I used cabinet hinges from Home Depot. I'm using a magnetic latch but may switch to a more substantial one or add additional super magnets to the corners if they don't hold well enough. So far so good, though.

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#16 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

You guys are right about the old doors. The rubber bumpers worked to a point on the old campers but you had to use two hands to open them.

We have changed over to a positive latch system on our campers now and added the plastic tracks for the cabinet doors.

The main differences that you will find between us and FWC are the options for one. FWC offers more options than we do. FWC has that neat roll down couch also that everyone likes. FWC has the new liner that does not have the outside flaps that you have to roll up and down. We have increased the width of the campers 4". This gives you a little bit bigger bed and increased cabinet depth for storage. The extended bed is a standard feature on our campers instead of an option. FWC also raised the walls of their campers to offer the bigger refer with the freezer. This in turn gives you a higher head room clearence in the FWC.

That covers the main differences between the campers.

I believe you will still have all your fingers after talking with us.:):)
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#17 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

Hi Ben,

Yeah, I have no fear for my fingers. I am planning to come by and see the ATC campers soon. I end up going to the bay area once or twice a month to see family and friends so I will swing by on my next visit. I figure by then you guys will be all settled in to the new location. I'm looking forward to seeing your campers.
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users