Photo
- - - - -

Anyone want to drive my car back ftom Anchorage to California?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:16 AM

OK, OK, I know it isn't going to be a truck and camper but I'm leaving the big rig home this time. You just don't need it and barely want it on a trip like this. The drive is absolutely fantastic as long as you only go "one way", round trip is near torture.

I am making the drive to Anchorage this month in my Civic Hybrid and flying back. I'll leave my Civic at a friend's house in Anchorage. Anyone want to drive it back to Santa Barbara, CA? It will have tent camping gear included. I'll be doing the Dempster as well on this trip to Anchorage, I never miss it. Dempster: http://www.youtube.c...f/9/Pjx7oidhNSI

I have driven to Anchorage several times. The distances are very long, my 50 mpg will be a pleasure rather than my Cummin's 20 mpg. The much lower driver fatigue factor of a small, efficient car makes all the difference. And what you save in fuel costs every single daypays for a hotel room if you so decide. And then there is the guilt you don't have to suffer for using your 10,000 pound rig to transport less than 200 pounds of person.

BTW, The Canadian and Alaskan roads, even the gravel ones, are excellent and do not require anything more than a standard passenger car. Chains are a safety factor and required by law even for 4wd, year round, in NWT, Yukon and BC. I will supply them as well.

Gene

Attached Thumbnails

• Alaska 4.jpg

From Baja to the Arctic and all places between!

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

#2 Silvertip47

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

I could possibly do it for a plane ticket from Santa Barbara to Boise ID.

I am driving a friend's pickup to Soldotna in August and was just going to fly back.
2011 F250 SCAB 6.2 gas 373 FX4 Lariat 4" Lift 35" Toyos 16.5 Warn Locked & Loaded 2007 SunLite

#3 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

Silvertip,

I'll keep you in mind. At the momen, I seem to have a few prospects from other contacts that I have made. When in August would you be arriving in Anchorage?

Gene

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

#4 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

Thank you. I have found a local fellow to bring back the car.

www.generubinaudio.com

#5 Silvertip47

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

No Problem!! :)
2011 F250 SCAB 6.2 gas 373 FX4 Lariat 4" Lift 35" Toyos 16.5 Warn Locked & Loaded 2007 SunLite

#6 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:02 AM

ok, we had a change in plan. We are doing the drive to Inuvik and back to Ventura! Anchorage was 1,000 miles to the southwest from Inuvik anyway, so we might as well do the whole 7,000 mile trip and travel with no deadlines, no plans. We leave around June 22nd and return whenever we feel like it. It's a great drive, amazing wildlife and scenery. It's been a good 5 years since I was there last.

Attached Thumbnails

• Alaska422.jpg
  • P8020183.jpg
  • IMG_1834.jpg
  • fall-tundra_denali-national-park_alaska.jpg

www.generubinaudio.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users