• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Southern Sierra

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

Yesterday was a big one for us; we picked up our new Bobcat. In order to assure that things would go well, we showed up with the obligatory box of donuts (one of the many tips that I have picked up on this forum :rolleyes: ) As expected, things went smoothly thanks to Marty, Jeff and Don. The camper was mounted on our 2006 Tacoma in short order. Following the lead of Cort and others on the forum, I equipped the truck with Load Range "E" tires and air bags. I could not have been happier with the performance on the way back home yesterday. It was difficult to tell that there was even a camper on the back. It handled and rode better than it did on the trip up to Sacto. empty, and it got 17.0 mpg on the 270 mile return journey. We are hoping to average between 16 and 18 mpg on trips, so this 17.0 was a good omen. The first shakedown trip is planned for the weekend after next. Needless to say, we are very much looking forward to it. Thanks to everyone on this forum. Your oppinions and advice over the past year or so have been extremely valuable. Let the games begin!

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

#2 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:42 AM

Yesterday was a big one for us; we picked up our new Bobcat. In order to assure that things would go well, we showed up with the obligatory box of donuts (one of the many tips that I have picked up on this forum :rolleyes: ) As expected, things went smoothly thanks to Marty, Jeff and Don. The camper was mounted on our 2006 Tacoma in short order. Following the lead of Cort and others on the forum, I equipped the truck with Load Range "E" tires and air bags. I could not have been happier with the performance on the way back home yesterday. It was difficult to tell that there was even a camper on the back. It handled and rode better than it did on the trip up to Sacto. empty, and it got 17.0 mpg on the 270 mile return journey. We are hoping to average between 16 and 18 mpg on trips, so this 17.0 was a good omen. The first shakedown trip is planned for the weekend after next. Needless to say, we are very much looking forward to it. Thanks to everyone on this forum. Your oppinions and advice over the past year or so have been extremely valuable. Let the games begin!

Congrats on the new camper, you're going to love it, but uhhh where's the pictures??

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#3 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,382 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:28 AM

Congrats on the new camper, you're going to love it, but uhhh where's the pictures??

Yes, congrats, you will love it! Pictures!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#4 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

but uhhh where's the pictures??

C'mon, you know the rules! Posted Image Congrats.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#5 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:02 AM

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

#6 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:16 AM

[quote name='Deltarat' date='09 June 2010 - 01:42 AM' timestamp='1276047755' post='35858']
[/quote
I knew you would ask that . . . . had to wait until my wife got home to show me how to post pics. . . . . .and even she can't do it! Any help would be appreciated.Posted Image
Mrs. Link

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

#7 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:31 AM

Congrats you'll love the Bobcat!

#8 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

You will like your Bobcat! But where are the photos?

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#9 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata, CA/Northern CA

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

Congratulations! Glad it all went smoothly. Yeah let's see some pics! Did you end up upgrading your shocks or the coils on the front end? I am super happy with my OME coils and the Bilstein 5100's

Cort

#10 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:28 AM

You will like your Bobcat! But where are the photos?

Another day, another attempt at photos. We used a camera with fewer megapixels and will see if that helps. Here goes . . . .
Richard and Ginny

Attached Thumbnails

• Bobcat1.jpg

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users