FWC Ranger II!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:41 PM

Check out the new FWC! We are stoked, we only camped once so far, when we went to get it last week in WY. Very impressed with the quality of the unit and the amount of room it offers...we will start a new, detailed thread soon, once I get it out on an adventure and not in the fron of my house . I'll make sure to post lots of pics. Its a 1993 Ranger II model, used very little and taken VERY good care of, still has the original tank of propane! It also has an ice box, 2 burner stove, forced air furnace, sink, screen door and sliding front window. I am amazed how good of shap this unit is in...apparently these things last forever when well taken care of. Anyway, thought you guys would enjoy a pic. New thread to come! Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails

• backview.jpg
  • frontview.jpg

#2 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

Congrats EROD!!!

Nice looking rig.. As a new owner of a well taken care of Ranger myself, I can appreciate your enthusiasm.It's been about a month for me and it is not close to wearing off yet.

Great looking Taco Ranger.....

Tom

#3 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

After looking again, your suspension looks very stout. What did you do to build it up??

Tom

#4 oly884

oly884

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

Congrats man!

The camper is looking great!

#5 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:11 PM

Dude!

You were in Lander! I saw your truck parked on Main Street in front of Radio Shack on Monday or was it Tuesday, afternoon. Of course a built Taco with a FWC is going to get my attention. I even said to my gf, I was in the car with, "Ooh, I should have gotten a pic of that outfit with my camera phone."

And a few minutes later you passed me again on your way up the hill leaving town. I was parked on the side of the road under a shade tree next to an abandoned cabin in a black Honda Pilot SUV thingy, just sitting there (nevermind what we were doing there.....ahem) and you went by. I was watching as you rode by, hell, I think we even made eye contact. I know you needed to shave, you scruffy fool.

I even saw the Montana license plate, but didn't make the connection since I wasn't aware you'd found one already.....

But I'm so stoked for you. Congratulations!! :cool:

....and you're totally fired for not pm'ing me and meeting up for a beer at the Lander Bar, so I could oogle your Tacoma and new FWC. :mad: ;)

#6 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:23 PM

Great looking rig. You're gonna love it. Now dont just sit there GO SOMEWHERE!!! Congrats.

Jay

#7 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:08 AM

Here's what looks like one of those Ranger IIs for sale in Denver
http://denver.craigs.../334365756.html

1993 Four Wheel Pop Up Camper - $1000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-334365756@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-05-19, 4:47PM MDT

For Sale: 1993 four wheel pop up camper. Great Condition. Stove, refrig., sink, heater and queen size bed pull out and single on side. Fits small truck. Heater needs work. $1000.00 FIRM.
Please call 303-682-2331

Attached Thumbnails

• pic1.jpg
  • pic2.jpg
  • pic3.jpg

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#8 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:10 AM

Erod,
Really nice looking rig and congratulations!

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#9 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,775 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:20 AM

erod,

Congrats on the new camper. What a great fit on the Taco, they both look sharp.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#10 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:36 AM

thanks everyone for the nice comments...i will start a new thread detailed pictures of the interior, some more of the exterior and a description of some of the camper features very soon. that is a good deal on that ranger in denver...seems like it needs a little work and doesn't have a screen door. also it has different wings then the one i purchased...heck, for 1000 bucks, i bet its already gone! the ranger is great, the extra 6 inches makes a pretty noticable diiference in my opinion when it comes to counter space. ben also mentioned that some people had issues with the wings rubbing paint off their vehicles which is why they dropped that style (so heads up), mine fits great and if it rubs at all it just the tail light covers.

tom, the suspension is built up. went through a couple different set ups untill i found one i liked. in the rear i started with add a leafs, didn't do much, little lift but not nearly what i was looking for. toyota leafs are notorious for sagging after a while so i replaced them with OME 5 leaf pack with 2 over loads...better but still not there. finally, installed firestone ride-rite air bags. great purchase and got me right where i wanted to be. the front end has fabtech 2.5 adjustable coilovers and fabtech shocks all around...i-like-it-alot. its a good set up, especially if your carrying a lot of weight on your truck. hope this answers your question. thanks again everyone for your comments and stay tuned for a more detailed thread, more questions, and hopefully a lot of good adventures! cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users