What brand awning for eagle?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 davinski

davinski

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:24 AM

Shady boy cannot be mounted over the rear door. Probably could do it with some mods, but needs some nice strong attachment points.

I considered doing this and looked at the roof. Probably not strong enough. Over the door, on the main camper wall there is just not enough room.

If you have the jack points, you could fabricate a way to essentially mount the shady boy slightly away from the rear wall, above the door, but next to the pop-up roof so that you could deploy it here and still raise the roof. I have thought of doing this. But, would rather have the convenience of the carefree truckin' awn back there instead. If I can find a used or ebay unit for cheap, may try to construct one here. But, that is another topic and issue.

Good luck.

dave

#12 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

Shady boy cannot be mounted over the rear door. Probably could do it with some mods, but needs some nice strong attachment points.

I considered doing this and looked at the roof. Probably not strong enough. Over the door, on the main camper wall there is just not enough room.

If you have the jack points, you could fabricate a way to essentially mount the shady boy slightly away from the rear wall, above the door, but next to the pop-up roof so that you could deploy it here and still raise the roof. I have thought of doing this. But, would rather have the convenience of the carefree truckin' awn back there instead. If I can find a used or ebay unit for cheap, may try to construct one here. But, that is another topic and issue.

Good luck.

dave

Thanks. Anyone know of an awning that can be mounted over the back? I'm not going to build one as others have.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#13 DonM

DonM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationChilliwack,BC

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

Thanks. Anyone know of an awning that can be mounted over the back? I'm not going to build one as others have.

This link shows a Shady Boy attached over the rear door of an Eagle. Two two inch long pieces of 1 inch aluminum square stock make perfect spacers to allow the clearance needed to mount the Shady Boy. I staggered the awning so it has more coverage on the rear left side where we set up the bbq on a collapsible table using the second propane tank. I drove out to White Rock B.C. to the supplier to see if I could make the awning work, he suggested the spacers which worked perfectly. I bought a couple of stainless bolts (the supplier told me the size to get) and used washers and cap nuts on the inside.

https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=9161
09 Eagle smooth roof, dinette 09 Mazda B4000SE 4x4

#14 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

I am debating between a Shady Boy and a Foxwing which does indeed cover the side and rear in one wrap:

http://www.sleeoffro..._rhino_main.htm

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

#15 Mickey Bitsko

Mickey Bitsko

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:29 PM

I realize this is a very old thread, but,  just purchased a new to me 05' Eagle. It has a 8' Fiamma passenger side awning, very nice feature. I would like to make it nice again, decals , remove rust from camper jack mounts etc... any way, I watched a youtube video on the "new" rear awning option available on the new FWC line up. Well..., I live in colorado and will not drive to Calif. to have the "new" awning installed, so , Those of you that have the smaller version of pop up's what do you [storage space is a premium ] do for a rear awning?

Thank you,

Don

Edited by Mickey Bitsko, 26 December 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#16 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:59 PM

I have the FWC rear awning on my 2014 Eagle and like it. You might see if FWC will sell the track that goes above the rear door; if so you could install it yourself.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#17 nikonron

nikonron

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Locationowensboro,ky

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:20 PM

Pretty sure the track is installed on all the campers now. You can purchase the sail track on line, just do a search for it.  Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users