• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:34 AM

Edohart,
Was this a FWC heater or another? Anyone else using water heaters?

We bought one of the coleman ones and it works pretty well but is pretty bulky. Don't know where we would carry it with the limited space on the FWC.

EdoHart
"The one feature he has that I don't that I really like is the water heater with external shower."

#2 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:05 AM

It's an integrated heater. The shower is basically a fold down door with a hose and shower head that attaches to a nipple under the door and there is a place to hold the shower head. The hose is long enough that you could easily spray your feet.

The only draw back I see is that he has less interior storage because the heater takes up some room (though he had other options which I don't have, so it's hard to say how much space the heater took up).

#3 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,029 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:24 AM

I have that option. Good thing to have but it hasn't seen as much use as I originally anticipated. Mostly because of the short duration trips plus being where using a enclosure would be required. Still, I like being able have hot water while the campstove is occupied. If I can ever get to the point of doing some more extended off road trips I can see it getting a lot more use.

#4 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationCentral California Sierra Nevadas

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:42 AM

Craig333,

Do you know what brand model of water heater, and also what brand model furnace is in the FWC these days?

Sam.

#5 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

suburban units are in my new hawk, water heater is a sw4p.
Jeff Herr WW6L '07 Hawk & '00 F250 SuperDuty CrewCab, Warn 12K, BFG AT KO 'E' rated, TransferFlow 48Gal tank

#6 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,029 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:02 PM

Mines a suburban SW3P.

#7 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationCentral California Sierra Nevadas

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:28 PM

Craig333,

great, thanks!

#8 Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:36 AM

I ahve a pop up shower stall thats basicly a 4ft x4ft tent and has a small zipper that allows the shower head to fit through.I bow hunt and need to keep clean and this water heater and outside shower is a must for me,It works great!

#9 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:14 AM

What's the brand of that shower stall? I bought one a while back but it was so flimsy it would never survive a Baja breeze. I took it back and haven't replaced it yet.

#10 Slickheadhunter

Slickheadhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:30 AM

The one I have is called Outback porta privy,and comes with stakes to hold it down.I bought this one because its light and "pops" up in no time and when folded takes up very little room,The inside pockets are worthless so I removed them and leave my soap and shampoo on the tarp floor.I bought mine at Cabelas,they also have a few others but cost more.The outback is on sale for $49.99

I have been using mine for three seasons so far and has held up very well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users