3 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,357 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Probably because we're getting older, we try to put some thought into where our money is going. We prefer to support independent small businesses, "mom & pop" places, and are happy to see places like this thrive.

One such place is Walker Burger on 395 in Walker California. This is an old fashion family run burger shop that employs local kids. It's also a great spot for a soft serve ice cream cone on a warm afternoon.

The place is popular. We stopped by yesterday for lunch after coming out from a five day trip into the Hoover Wilderness, Green Creek area. The wait after ordering was 50 minutes and worth it. The outside dining is a shaded well kept garden area.

We love the fun conversations we can have with the folks while waiting. The lady at the table we were waiting to use said with a smile, "We're from Lake Elsinore and we camp at Crowley Lake every summer and we always come up here for a meal!" It's a bit of a drive from Crowley to get a burger.

A nice place. Try it.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

I have stopped there a couple of times and agree with Ski on his recommendation. Another reason to stop by is all of the wonderful bird houses on the property. The owner's Father built them and he used to have many for sale. His Father is older now, so I don't know if there are any left for sale, but the ones on display are impressive.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#3 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:19 PM

Yes, there are good burgers at Walker Burger on 395, my favorite road. Try to stop in sometime!

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#4 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:07 AM

Great stuff there, it's about 30 mins from my front door. :)

For other great nearby burgers, I also recommend the Char-Pit in King's Beach (Lake Tahoe) and the awful-awful at the Nugget in Downtown Reno.

Also Deschutes taphouse in Bend has (IMO) the best burger on planet Earth; The Angus burger on fresh sourdough roll.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users