• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:32 AM

Got back from a trip up to Bullards Beach just out of Bandon OR. Had friends drive down from Port Townsend WA so this was the same drive for both of us. They are 5th wheelers so wanted hook ups. Found the camp sites way to close for me. However OR was $11.00 cheaper than CA and the showers were free. First night in Prairie Creek State Park to look at the Elk, nice camp ground in the redwoods. First trip using the REI 3 1/2" sleeping pads and they worked great on top of the 2" foam my sleeping problems are over. 3 nights at Bullards Beach and the great cool weather. Last night in the CA Redwoods. My propane frig froze everything one night, one can of ginger ale EXPLODED what a way to get waken up. Driving down 101 on a bridge over the Eel river saw a four wheel camper down on the gravel, looked like a great spot to camp if I had know how to get there.Was it anyone on the site? Did get yelled at for putting in my own gas in OR what a strange law.

Attached Thumbnails

• can.jpg
  • coffee.jpg
  • Prarie creek.jpg

#2 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

Bill,

Though I have not had a soda explode yet, my refrigerator will get down to about 20 degrees at night unless I turn it to the lowest setting. Kind of a pain trying to remember to turn it down every night and up every morning. We pretty much use it for nonperishables now and use an ice chest for food.

Still close to 100 here at 7:00 pm and where you live,a cool coastal climate sounds good.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#3 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:57 AM

Bill:
Looks like a great time with friends! One of our trips will have to be a visit to the north coast.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#4 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:25 AM

Mendo and all points north to Eugene or so is still relatively good ol', untampered with, boot-wearin American kinfolk and top-shelf wildlife and scenery.

Heading up myself for a spell next week also.

#5 Silvertip47

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

Looks like a good time, even if in a campground!!! It is worth it to see friends.

If you have any air space between the fridge and cabinet packing it with insulation helps a lot to maintain a more even temp from night and day. You can check your door seal by closing it on a piece of paper and see how easy, or not, it is to remove. JMHO :)
2011 F250 SCAB 6.2 gas 373 FX4 Lariat 4" Lift 35" Toyos 16.5 Warn Locked & Loaded 2007 SunLite

#6 HERR42

HERR42

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

some of those campgrounds up there are very, very nice.

clean, hedges between individual sites.....wayyyyyyy better than anything in Cal!

Jeff Herr WW6L '07 Hawk & '00 F250 SuperDuty CrewCab, Warn 12K, BFG AT KO 'E' rated, TransferFlow 48Gal tank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users