#1 john101477

john101477

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationVina, Ca.

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

We spent fathers day at Eagle Lake this year. Going up with my wife and kid as well as my father, his GF, and her old boss from Alaska.
First let me tell you we did not do much fishing. every one seemed to be into sleeping more than 4am in the boat.
Second the lake is in BAD shape. while we were getting great rain and snow pack they got almost no weather at all. The boat launch is basically a one side narrow spot to drop your boat.
We stayed at Merrell campground which is ok for the RV folks but I am not much for campgrounds that are this improved so to speak. We did get out on the lake about 8 am which if you have boat fished eagle lake you know thats when it is pretty much over. by 9am a slight wind popped up which is so common out there that white caps were forming on the lake. Later on while everyone else was napping I went for a drive to see what I could find. Here is a of pic of a little meadow I found. lots of green grass with good water flowing and lots of mosquitos. This is also the trip i found the Nancy Allen Grave site and marker. pretty cool stuff. also found this old live stock ramp in the middle of nowhere. No fields, buildings or anything. makes a guy wonder why it was put there.
The other photo is a picture of the "castle" on eagle lake near spalding taken from in the boat
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
86 4runner Northern Cal Images northerncalimages.com

#2 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:41 PM

Castle? Could that be the Ronald McDonald house?

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#3 john101477

john101477

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationVina, Ca.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

Castle? Could that be the Ronald McDonald house?

You have the best of me on that. I do know it is on Castlerock rd. and that the Mcdonald Camp is on the opposite end of the lake near the Eagle Lake Marina where as this is down past Spalding.

Notice the water level. this place usually has it's own little sandy beach right at the water.

#4 Silvertip47

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

Great photos!!! B)

We have stock ramps scattered around our part of the country too. The ranchers round up the cattle on horseback and herd them through the shoot and into trucks. It is how they move them from summer to winter pasture and vice-versa.
2011 F250 SCAB 6.2 gas 373 FX4 Lariat 4" Lift 35" Toyos 16.5 Warn Locked & Loaded 2007 SunLite

#5 john101477

john101477

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationVina, Ca.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:59 PM

Great photos!!! B)

We have stock ramps scattered around our part of the country too. The ranchers round up the cattle on horseback and herd them through the shoot and into trucks. It is how they move them from summer to winter pasture and vice-versa.

Yeah we have them all over to but this one was the tricky one as I cannot see where one would want cows. being forrest land with no fences for miles and only a small area to graze
Lat - 40°30'48.20"N
Long - 120°51'28.14"W
The skeeters where so thick I could hardly stand to get out of the truck but in the interest of photography I had to :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users