• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MikeDahlager

MikeDahlager

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

Have any of you Alaskan Camper owners thought (or done), about extending the sides of the lower unit into the space behind the wheel well? This seems to be an ideal addition since that space is largely unused. I'm thinking of doing so in order to install a porta-potty and still maintain my present floor space. Any comments?

Mike

2007 Okanagan model 96DB, 2001 Dodge 2500 Diesel

"Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are."

#2 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hi Mike. On my CO I have removeable cut outs under the dinette seating cushions that allow firly good access to that area. One area I use for house batteries and the other for general storage. I have to block up my Alaskan about 3 inches in order for the CO to clear the cab which also gives me access to those storage areas and I keep hoses, blocking, etc in there. One pic in show your rig, pg 2.

Paul

#3 Hyakian

Hyakian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:25 AM

The 77 CO I had, had those cut outs as well.
The 88 I have now doesn't. I've thought about adding them however I'm a little concerned about heat loss as my primary reason for having it is for Winter camping.

X2 what paul said about blocking up the base of the camper.
In my case I had to block it up 5 inches to get the cab over part to clear.
Basically I now have a basement that I use for ski storage.

#4 MikeDahlager

MikeDahlager

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

Yeah, I have those access holes as well. Very handy way to access an otherwise unreachable space. I built a tray to hold a spare battery which I use as my primary during Elk hunting. By being careful, I can go 10 days and not use my truck battery at all.

Mike

2007 Okanagan model 96DB, 2001 Dodge 2500 Diesel

"Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are."

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:15 AM

Yeah, I have those access holes as well. Very handy way to access an otherwise unreachable space. I built a tray to hold a spare battery which I use as my primary during Elk hunting. By being careful, I can go 10 days and not use my truck battery at all.

Mike

I put on an aluminum flatbed and now have all the space previously used by fenders. Love it.
David Bybee 2004.5 Dodge 3500 4x4 diesel 2004 Tundra DC 1998 Alaskan 10' Cabover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users