7 replies to this topic

#1 Carlyle

Carlyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:34 AM

Hi everyone and it's nice to see a forum with a section dedicated to Alaskan campers. It's always good to discuss campers with other owners. I've been on the ExPo forum for awhile and actually chronicled the build up of my camper there. http://www.expeditio...ghlight=carlyle

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 MikeDahlager

MikeDahlager

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

Wow! I just finished reading the link to your build and I must say, I am impressed. Talk about a dream machine. Your subsequent mods are very interesting and show a great deal of thought and inventiveness on your part. Well done!

I'm sure you have been asked how much money you have in your rig, but like me, I suspect you really don't want to start adding it up.

Mike

2007 Okanagan model 96DB, 2001 Dodge 2500 Diesel

"Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are."

#3 Joaquin Suave

Joaquin Suave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hey Carlyle,

Good to see you over here! I've quit contributing over "there" for several reasons.

Have you done any further mods??? I hope share them with us.

#4 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

Welcome to the board Carlyle. Can you tell me more about the flatbed? What is the name of the manufacturer? Do they have a website?

#5 banderswipe

banderswipe

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:26 AM

Hi Carlyle, Great rig. I followed your build on the Expedition portal with great interest.It spawned lots of usefull information and ideas.Thanks for sharing your build.

Kevin.
Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel and always have some body help you load or unload your camper.

#6 Carlyle

Carlyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for the worm welcome!

No major upgrades lately, but I will go over some small improvements in the near future. Most of our summer thus far has been taken up building a home for our Alaskan.

Posted Image

24'x 32' fully insulated, 6+ kwh solar system, etc

#7 banderswipe

banderswipe

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hi Carlyle, nice little shack/dog house,it is almost as big as my house! What are the silver pot hangy things,heaters or lights.
Kevin.
Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel and always have some body help you load or unload your camper.

#8 Carlyle

Carlyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:41 AM

1. Cost? I stopped adding it up quite a while ago...

2. Aluminum Ute bed form Australia, available from their website or talk to Randy in Seattle the main man.

3. The cans above the truck are retired beer kegs cut in half and modified into cfc floods. Quarter kegs on the side walls. You can't tell this is going to be my home brewing space....

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users