3 replies to this topic

#1 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:45 PM

When this guy gets out of jail, I'd like to take him to Indy

"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#2 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

Oh, I don't know. If that had been your car, or one of your family members whose life he put in danger driving like that on a public road, or you were one of the officers risking their lives to pursue him, maybe you would feel different. IMO, I think blinding him so he can't pull that stunt again might be a better option than rewarding him. :angry: But I'm an old fart that deals with traffic for a living, so I'm probably biased.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#3 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

Oh, I don't know. If that had been your car, or one of your family members whose life he put in danger driving like that on a public road, or you were one of the officers risking their lives to pursue him, maybe you would feel different. IMO, I think blinding him so he can't pull that stunt again might be a better option than rewarding him. :angry: But I'm an old fart that deals with traffic for a living, so I'm probably biased.

Ted, he stole the car, that makes him a total POS scumbag, but my heart is in racing and that guy has unreal car control. I wasn't suggesting that I take him to watch the race, but rather to be in it. As far as high speed pursuits go, with VERY few exceptions there shouldn't be any. In the early 80s I was a part time driving instructor for the Bondurant school at Sears Point we had several classes of various law enforcement people come through the place and maybe 1 in 25 understood what we were trying to teach them. My question is, is a stolen car worth the lives of say a family in a mini van, in my opinion, no.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#4 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

Jon,

I knew you meant as a driver and your post was meant to be light hearted and not serious. Had this guy taken your class and showed those skills on a closed track, than I'd agree with you. Even the stealing the car isn't what bugs me. I've had a truck stolen, twice for that matter. You just happen to hit a pet peeve of mine. In my job I sometimes investigate major accident scenes. I've seen the damage people driving like that can cause. Seeing the video just pushes my buttons and I lose my sense of humor. Sorry.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users