#1 Fitwon

Fitwon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

My first trip with my 2007 Outfitter Caribou 8 went well. Fishing was good and this trip was only 27 miles from my home. East Lake is inside the Newberry National Volcanic Monument's caldera 5 miles East of Paulina Lake. My dog Shady Lady loves the Outfitter. The 80 watt solar panel keeps my battery charged well and the Norcold Frig and heater both worked very well. Next, I will disinfect my water tank.

DSCF1810.JPG
2009 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4 2009 River Hawk 190XL, Evinrude E-Tech 115 2007 Outfitter Caribou 8 Yukon Next

#2 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:40 AM

Glad you are enjoying your camper! How are the skeeters up at East lake?

#3 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:02 AM

Paulina Crater is one of my favorites in Central, OR. Got any more photos, Fitwon?

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#4 Fitwon

Fitwon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:48 AM

Paulina Crater is one of my favorites in Central, OR. Got any more photos, Fitwon?

Few to no skeeters at East lake. Loving the camper--mobile and comfortable.

Still can't reduce photo size so one per posting has to do:DSCF1813.JPG

East lake Campground is fairly quiet and feels isolated even when full--29 spots but there is something sacred there.

My gas mileage is regular minus 4-5 mph. Outfitter weighs close to 2,000 lbs loaded down. Handing is good but could be better. I am going to add Timbrens and next year, LT tires.

Fishing was good--Kokenny, Brown trout, and Rainbows.
2009 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4 2009 River Hawk 190XL, Evinrude E-Tech 115 2007 Outfitter Caribou 8 Yukon Next

#5 Fitwon

Fitwon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:52 AM

Few to no skeeters at East lake. Loving the camper--mobile and comfortable.

Still can't reduce photo size so one per posting has to do:DSCF1813.JPG

East lake Campground is fairly quiet and feels isolated even when full--29 spots but there is something sacred there.

My gas mileage is regular minus 4-5 mph. Outfitter weighs close to 2,000 lbs loaded down. Handing is good but could be better. I am going to add Timbrens and next year, LT tires.

Fishing was good--Kokenny, Brown trout, and Rainbows.

East Lake Photo # 3

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1812.JPG

#6 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

Still can't reduce photo size so one per posting has to do.

I sometimes use Irfanview to reduce a photo's size. Download it for free and set it up as your photo viewer. If you click on a photo thumbnail, you'll then want to click "image" (upper left) and then "resize/resample". You'll have lots of options there. Let me know if it works.

Thanks for the (large ;)) photos. I think the first time I was there was in 1974. There was just a very small, very twisty road that lead back to the lakes and a couple of "resorts" that were really fishing camps. The FS CGs were very small and very basic. Things have changed a bit since then, eh Fitwon? Even so it always a great place to visit for a few days and it still feels remote and seldom visited. There are some fun hikes through the peaks, cones and lava flows that I do when I visit.

Stew

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users