98 replies to this topic

#71 rotti

rotti

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • LocationMile High

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

Nice logo.
After all this work and design when do you do the IPO and start the assembly line?
2012 Chevy 2500HD 4WD LTZ CCSB gas
2012 FWC Hawk

#72 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:40 AM

So you have the under bed storage accessing part of the bed area, what is going on in the front part, is there a hollow space up there too? I can't recall how you built the cabover exactly but if you have a space in the rear part of the bed I'd assume there would be similar space farther up.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#73 home skillet

home skillet

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationWenatchee, WA

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:13 AM

So you have the under bed storage accessing part of the bed area, what is going on in the front part, is there a hollow space up there too? I can't recall how you built the cabover exactly but if you have a space in the rear part of the bed I'd assume there would be similar space farther up.

I actually put an extra inch of insulation there and so there is only about 2 inches of dead space under the rest of the bed (air insulation). I opted not to make the whole bed raise up mainly because it is hard to reach back there.

Haven't seen much new on your project since the discussion about the access panels. Anything new to report:)

Home Skillet

Drive far away then stand in the water slinging bugs

#74 home skillet

home skillet

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationWenatchee, WA

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

Nice logo.
After all this work and design when do you do the IPO and start the assembly line?

UUUUUhhhhh. No way man. It is way too much work and I want to spend the rest of my life using the one I have! :)

#75 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

I actually put an extra inch of insulation there and so there is only about 2 inches of dead space under the rest of the bed (air insulation). I opted not to make the whole bed raise up mainly because it is hard to reach back there.

Haven't seen much new on your project since the discussion about the access panels. Anything new to report:)

Home Skillet

I figured that father up storage area would work good for extra bedding or other flat odds/ends that didn't need to get accessed too much.

The build thread has been updated more recently than that but it has been 2 weeks since an update there. Haven't had as much available time the last couple weeks and also since I'm working on assembling wall panels there isn't as much to visually report on. I'll probably throw something up soon though.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#76 home skillet

home skillet

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationWenatchee, WA

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

I bet you all thought that I had a nervous breakdown and was in the psych ward someplace twitching every time someone said "camper build" right?
Well.....close, but I pulled through and the Titan Expedition Vehicle is pretty much done! I've actually had it out now on a test trip and plan the true Maiden Voyage this week to Plush, Oregon.

There will be video and write-ups on the final stages of the build and some video of it in action in the next couple of weeks, so keep and eye out.
Hope you are all out getting some exploring in.

Home Skillet

#77 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,602 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

Looking forward to seeing your new loved-one, HS. :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#78 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

the Titan Expedition Vehicle is pretty much done! I've actually had it out now on a test trip and plan the true Maiden Voyage this week to Plush, Oregon.

Pics or it didn't happen, as they say. ;)
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#79 K7MDL

K7MDL

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • LocationSnohomish, WA

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:03 AM

Visiting Bend 2 nights July 1 and 2. Hope to see the rig on the roads for the long weekend.

2016 F-150 FX4 XLT SCab | Ingot Silver | 6.5' | 3.5EB | 3.55 w/rear locker | Tow | IBC | 7050# GVWR | 1945# Payload | 36Gal | BFG A/T KO2 LT275/70R18E | Timbrens

2022 FWC Hawk Silver Spur | Front Dinette | Cassette Toilet | Cooktop | Hot Water | Outside shower | CR850 fridge | 160W rooftop solar panel | 15A MPPT controller | Dual 90AH AGM batteries | Yakima Rack | 2 Maxxair fans | Furnace | Fiama side awning | Mechanical Jacks

#80 home skillet

home skillet

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationWenatchee, WA

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

Pics or it didn't happen, as they say. ;)

Ha Ha ha. Great point. There coming when I get back from eastern Oregon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users