rock and roll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:30 AM

Hello,

I've been staking the internet for a few months now for an FWC Hawk to accompany my 2003 Tundra for a 9 month, 2 person journey to South America. Like many others, I've found that any FWC that comes for sale in California is swooped up in a matter of hours. This week I'm going to look at a local 2007 Palomino Bronco 800 for $6k ($4k less than I expected to pay for a Hawk). The pictures of the unit leave me impressed with the Bronco 800.

Here's a link to a similar model: http://www.theoutpos...p?ListingID=121

My question to the forum is how do these compare to the FWC Hawk? The only clear disadvantage I can see is the 1,100 lbs vs the 700 lbs on the Hawk. Any advice would be appreciated.

2003 Tundra TRD 4WD & a 2007 Palomino Bronco 800 to be driven down the PanAm during 2011.

Read about the Hardware Here.

#2 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:34 AM

In addition to the significant increase in weight, it will be less durable (wood construction), and have far less resale value. If it's a Tundra you are going to put it on (or any half ton truck), all that extra weight could be very hard on the truck on the kind of journey you are planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users