10 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,379 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

Hey DD, wasn't there a thread awhile back about political ads popping up on the website here?
I know we all have different views but with all the crap I'm getting bombarded with if I turn on the TV this website was a comfortable refuge until this morning. The main ad on the right concerned a statewide political campaign. Sorry for the gripe but am I correct about your policy?

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

I have the political category turned off in the Google ad settings. So if you are still seeing them, it is because the advertiser has cheated and not accurately categorized the ad. Nothing I can do about that sorry.

#3 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

At least he's not running a generator during the ad.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,379 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

DD, thanks for the explanation........now I really know who I'm not voting for. Chnlisle, glad to see you're keeping that pencil sharp.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

Ah, another candidate "has cheated and not accurately categorized" their ad today....................

#6 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:21 AM

Ah, another candidate "has cheated and not accurately categorized" their ad today....................

Aaron,

I too saw some political adds today that chafed my chaps. Stop being the Flamingo Kid and handle this BS. :)

m,arc

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#7 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,030 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:15 AM

Hmmm, I haven't seen any yet, but then I tune out all ads automatically.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#8 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

He may be able to herd a gaggle of flamingos at once but to make a politician honest may be a stretch even for DD.

Aaron,

I too saw some political adds today that chafed my chaps. Stop being the Flamingo Kid and handle this BS. :)

m,arc

RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

#9 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,607 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:50 AM

I haven't seen/noticed any political ads, either... :blink:
Are you guys talking about pop-ups? Pop-ups are easy to block in browser settings.
Or are you talking about the little lines of text ads from Google at the top under the banner? If so, you're reading too closely. ;)
Like craig333, my brain automatically screens those out (sorry DD -- I know they're revenue...)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#10 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:01 AM

I haven't seen/noticed any political ads, either... :blink:
Are you guys talking about pop-ups? Pop-ups are easy to block in browser settings.
Or are you talking about the little lines of text ads from Google at the top under the banner? If so, you're reading too closely. ;)
Like craig333, my brain automatically screens those out (sorry DD -- I know they're revenue...)

I think the ads are geo-targeted so only the California peeps are seeing them at this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users