5 replies to this topic

#1 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata, CA/Northern CA

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:40 PM

Well I am hitting the road on my way to Santa Ana to get my Deaver Springs put on. It's been a long time since I have been to SoCal (grew up in Agoura Hills) and could use some suggestions on a good place to overnight that is within a 3 or 4 hours of Santa Ana. I am thinking of heading down 101 from Arcata and getting as far as Ventura or Malibu. Anyone have a good suggestions on where to overnight? What about Sycamore Canyon or Leo Carillo (sp?). I remember those places from high school....LOL.
Hey SimiMike....This is your neck of the woods....what do you got for me.

I will be traveling with my Droid so I can check in to see what kind of suggestions you all got for me.

Thanks in Advance,

Cort

PS
Will be wandering up 395 toward the Pork Rally beginning Tuesday

#2 simimike

simimike

• Members
  • 860 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

Both Leo Carrillo and Sycamore SP are perfect. If you would like you can stay at my place.
This would save you a few bucks and I'm freeway close. Give me a call if you want. I can show you the best places to drive with your top up. :rolleyes:

mike

#3 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Cort,
If u dont mind staying in a Campground, I would suggest Jalama Beach in N. Santa Barbara County. Fairly isolated as far as campgrounds go and you can run dogs on the beach. Google it and u will find pics and directions. I like this place during the winter because it is usually fairly empty, forget about it during the summer. Also it is within the time frame you want.

marc

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#4 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

Cort,
If u dont mind staying in a Campground, I would suggest Jalama Beach in N. Santa Barbara County. Fairly isolated as far as campgrounds go and you can run dogs on the beach. Google it and u will find pics and directions. I like this place during the winter because it is usually fairly empty, forget about it during the summer. Also it is within the time frame you want.

marc

Thanks guys....I had forgotten about Jalama

Simimike , thanks for the offer but I think I am going to camp

Cheers,
Cort

#5 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

Thornhill Broome is another option before you reach Sycamore or Leo's.

McGrath State Beach is also an option in Oxnard.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#6 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:29 AM

.Well I ended up staying at Jalama. Weather was great and it wasn't super crowed but deffenitely more than I am used to. The folks there are super dog friendly andlet me know where I could let my furry companion off the leash to get some excercise. Iheaded out early in the am and headed down to Deaver. Man LA traffic sucks....and what's up with driving 75 2 inches from the person in front of you? Spent most of the at Deaver as most of the bolts were frozen and had to be cut off. The folks there are real nice and I would recomend them. Finally got the custom pack installed and dropped it...sat down just like planned...by this time it was 16:00...so time to get out of LA. Sat in endless traffic going up to and through the El Cajon Pass. Finally made it to 395 and decided to overnight at Fossil Falls. Ther isn't a sole here...now I get to wander the east side for a few days before before the pig roast. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users