• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

I just put up a new FWC owners manual on our website.

Here is a link to the owners manual for the 2004/2005 through 2008/2009 Four Wheel Campers

(campers with the suburban hot water heater)

http://www.fourwheel...wnersmanual.pdf

Here is a link to the current owners manual for the 2010 Four Wheel Campers

(campers with the atwood hot water heater)

http://www.fourwheel...ners_Manual.pdf

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#12 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,302 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

Thanks Stan for the tips on winterizing and basic camper care. .Not sure about the non toxic anti freeze.Is there any human side affect?I think I would make every effort to get all the water out and not use anti freeze.Just my opinion.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#13 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

I'm the same way.

Guess I would not prefer to put that stuff in my water system.

But if you flush it out a few times before you use it, i'm sure it will be fine.

Or maybe you could use a big bottle of Vodka instead of anti-freeze ?

lol

:)

Joking!

I'm not sure that would be a good idea either.

:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Stan for the tips on winterizing and basic camper care. .Not sure about the non toxic anti freeze.Is there any human side affect?I think I would make every effort to get all the water out and not use anti freeze.Just my opinion.

Frank

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#14 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

The only drawback to RV anti freeze is if you don't flush it out properly your water will taste bad. It's been in use for so long and tested so thoroughly that I don't hesitate to use it.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#15 Mr.Hiesey

Mr.Hiesey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationupstate New York

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

This was our first year winterizing out camper, and I thought I'd add a note about draining the hot water heater for other newbies who may use this thread in the future. Expect the drain to be REALLY hard to remove. We thought we were doing something wrong when it wouldn't budge, but other forum members confirmed the drain is hard to remove, and said you have to use a lot of force and not worry about socket slipping. So, get the right sized socket (I believe 1 1/16 inch), use a long "handle" for your ratchet, use a lot of force, and eventually it will turn. And yes, it does turn left (we briefly wondered if it was right turning and we were accidentally trying to turn it the wrong way).

#16 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

This was our first year winterizing out camper, and I thought I'd add a note about draining the hot water heater for other newbies who may use this thread in the future. Expect the drain to be REALLY hard to remove. We thought we were doing something wrong when it wouldn't budge, but other forum members confirmed the drain is hard to remove, and said you have to use a lot of force and not worry about socket slipping. So, get the right sized socket (I believe 1 1/16 inch), use a long "handle" for your ratchet, use a lot of force, and eventually it will turn. And yes, it does turn left (we briefly wondered if it was right turning and we were accidentally trying to turn it the wrong way).

I just pulled the drain/anode in my Suburban H2O heater, used a 27mm socket and a long breaker bar after a bit of wd40. The good socket and long handle made it easy.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users