• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 UglyScout

UglyScout

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNewberg, OR

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

but we left the ring necks and shovelers for somebody else to enjoy .

How generous... :P

Looks like a good time. I have plans to use mine for very similar trips. It will be a super upgrade to sleeping in the back of my truck or in the front seat. If you even find yourself in NW Oregon -- I can point you in the direction of some sweet public hunting spots.

As for eating them - I turn almost all of mine into homemade sausages and BBQ them like brats. Mmmmmm.
2002 Chevy 2500HD 1993 Four Wheel Grandby

#12 d tree's

d tree's

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSO Cal

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:25 AM

It's clear your hunting success was due to having the camper. Duck for the next rally generously provided by dTree's...
:)

Brett I could do that ;) lol

#13 d tree's

d tree's

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSO Cal

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:28 AM

How generous... :P

Looks like a good time. I have plans to use mine for very similar trips. It will be a super upgrade to sleeping in the back of my truck or in the front seat. If you even find yourself in NW Oregon -- I can point you in the direction of some sweet public hunting spots.

As for eating them - I turn almost all of mine into homemade sausages and BBQ them like brats. Mmmmmm.

Scout that would be awesome thanks , I have wandered up around bend and as N/W as Mc minville saw the old spruce goose after it left Long Beach and as far east as Summer lake but would like to pack the old shotgun and dog up on the N/W coast ,what kind of birds are you shooting I bet lots widgeon ? ,D

#14 UglyScout

UglyScout

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNewberg, OR

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:31 PM

Scout that would be awesome thanks , I have wandered up around bend and as N/W as Mc minville saw the old spruce goose after it left Long Beach and as far east as Summer lake but would like to pack the old shotgun and dog up on the N/W coast ,what kind of birds are you shooting I bet lots widgeon ? ,D

I'm currently taking a hunting hiatus due to a new baby - but I used to shoot everything! On the Columbia you can go after standard puddle ducks or diver ducks. On the coastal bays it is the same, lots of widgeon in the bays.
- but you can target some crazy stuff if you want.

IMG_6000.jpg

If you have a small boat, canoe, aquapod, etc you can do pretty dang well in the bays.

In-land in the Willamette Valley it is all puddle ducks - mostly mallards. But a lot more hunters and a lot less public land...
2002 Chevy 2500HD 1993 Four Wheel Grandby

#15 d tree's

d tree's

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationSO Cal

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

I'm currently taking a hunting hiatus due to a new baby - but I used to shoot everything! On the Columbia you can go after standard puddle ducks or diver ducks. On the coastal bays it is the same, lots of widgeon in the bays.
- but you can target some crazy stuff if you want.

Posted Image

If you have a small boat, canoe, aquapod, etc you can do pretty dang well in the bays.

In-land in the Willamette Valley it is all puddle ducks - mostly mallards. But a lot more hunters and a lot less public land...

Aqua Pod 'check' 10' footer :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users