22 replies to this topic

#21 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

Hey HikerCook and Frank, thanks for the condor photos. I never saw them in the Pinnacles or Big Sur but I did get a great view of one once hiking out of the Grand Canyon. He was playing on the currents just above the canyon rim. What great birds!

Stew

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#22 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,320 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:14 AM

I wondered how you knew it was #40 condor, then I saw how close you were for the photo.
Nice shots, which have inspired quite a few of us.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#23 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,304 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

I wondered how you knew it was #40 condor, then I saw how close you were for the photo.
Nice shots, which have inspired quite a few of us.

I think all of the 350+ condors in the wild have #s on both of their wings,plus radio sending so that if a bird is motionless for a period of time, half a day or so they know to look for that bird.In a lot of cases the bird has eaten a kill that has lead shot in it.Lead poisoning is a real problem for them.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users