• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Part 3: A pair of Camco Pop-a-Towel racks pop riveted to some webbing with velcro attachment at the top.

This is two Camco Pop-a-Towel racks with some webbing, a couple of Fastex buckles and a few pop rivits. Real simple. The Fastex buckles were used so the bottom portion of the towel rack can be quickly disconnected if you only want to run one roll of towels. They also allow the bottom towel rack to be infinitely adjustable for height.

When lowering the roof I just slide the towel racks out of the sliders and leave the webbing attached to the camper.

Attached Thumbnails

• pop a towel.JPG
  • front.JPG
  • back.JPG
  • both towel racks.JPG

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#12 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

Very nice arrangement .What do you do with all the kitchen mods when you use the bed?Do you have the extenda cab?

Thanks for the pics

Frank

Frank,

Here's are a couple of pics with the slider all the way out. It only impacts the kitchen organizer slightly. Nothing to worry about.

Attached Thumbnails

• slider all the way out.JPG
  • slider all the way out2.JPG

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#13 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

Part 4: Camco dish strainer.

This strainer is great. It fits right in the sink when not needed. You can also store some small items inside as the bottom snaps on the top as a lid when storing.

Attached Thumbnails

• camco strainer.jpg

#14 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

Wow, color matched and double paper towels!!! Must be related to Martha Stewart :blink:
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#15 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Wow, color matched and double paper towels!!! Must be related to Martha Stewart Posted Image

I met her in prison.

#16 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

Nice work!

Camco makes some nice camper stuff. I have a few things for the upcoming camper from them.
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#17 davinski

davinski

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

I think everyone would agree that after you have one of these campers for a while you start to see how everyday items can be modified for the camper. When I first got the camper I always thought it would be too small and there was no way I would fit everything. Now, just walking through a store I can see products that could be modified for use in the camper and I am always amazed at the amount of functionality I have put into my FWC. I think it is cool when others do the same as it gives me good ideas as well. Often, this leads to other ideas that just add more function and creature comforts to the already versatile home away from home.

That said, for the towel racks, I have just gone to using some rope.....string it through the roll of towels and stick it up. Easy to take outside, easy to leave in the camper and I can hang it from anywhere. Moving it for sleep is easy as well.

Keep up the good work.

Dave in Seattle

#18 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,302 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

Frank,

Here's are a couple of pics with the slider all the way out. It only impacts the kitchen organizer slightly. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the pictures looks great. As small as our campers are things can be adapted to fit needs.I have a ATC bobcat so my bed is 48"x62" enough sleeping room so I don't need the extra pull out so the extra cushions stay home.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#19 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

Thanks for the pictures looks great. As small as our campers are things can be adapted to fit needs.I have a ATC bobcat so my bed is 48"x62" enough sleeping room so I don't need the extra pull out so the extra cushions stay home.

Frank

I have the extended bed too....even with my girlfriend along, I haven't needed to pull out the bed either...so I leave the extra cushions at home.

#20 Simpleman (shanz3n5)

Simpleman (shanz3n5)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Locationcorona, ca

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

I finally got around to making a kitchen organizer for my Hawk. I wanted one that would fold down with the top so I wouldn't have to mess with it when putting the top down. I also wanted it to fully utilize the velcro strips located on top and bottom of the soft sides (ie. no holes drilled into the camper).

Here's some pic's of the results. The third picture is of the organizer folded in the top-down position. The paper towel holder does have to be taken down....but it just slides out of a dovetail (very quick).

where did u find a hanging bag like that. i need for my grandy as well as my locker at work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users