• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 griz

griz

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationCampbell River, B.C.

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

On my Atwood furnace I have two vents, one on top of each other. (Inside camper) Bottom is for incoming heat. The top? Bare tin behind the vent. I have seen pictures of other units with two as wells. Could not fine any info in the manual. Fresh air intake??? Any hoot I am about to redo the wood inside my Hawk an would like to know if i need that upper vent. Thanks
"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

#2 Jamesiam

Jamesiam

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationStateline Nevada

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

I would definately leave it. I have placed my hand over the top vent, I do feel suction from inside camper. That seems like the only place for air intake.

#3 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

Griz,

The bottom vent on my heater is the heated air into the camper and upper vent is for intake air. You may want to flip the bottom grille 180 so vents are in an upward direction. The factory had installed these grilles so the heaters were blowing right into the floor.

Attached Thumbnails

• Heater Vent.jpg

RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

#4 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

The heaters in our campers are heat exchangers, the fire/exhaust fumes are on the sealed outside portion, camper air is moved over the inner portion and it heats up. That second vent supplies the camper air that is being heated up and blown out of the other vent. It may be over sized for the unit but you'd need to check the manufacturers literature.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#5 griz

griz

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationCampbell River, B.C.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:51 AM

Thankyou for the reply. Heat exchanger makes sense. With this type of unit would the condensation from propane heat be a lot lower than other units. I have already cut the two openings earlier today, not wanting to change anything that I was not in tune with. Again thanks..............
"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users