Photo
- - - - -

Carrizo Plain, April 2011, Flowers and Snow!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

Last weekend at Carrizo Plain brought us flowers and a storm:

From Baja to the Arctic and all places between!

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

#2 Desert Rancher

Desert Rancher

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSocal desert

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

Very nice.
Who's got the Pug? Looks just like mine. Those little beasts are like portable, self generating bed warmers!

What about the washtub thing? You play that too?
Granbaby ridin' on an F250HD 4x4, International Diesel powered T444E "And camping will grant each man new hope...as sleep brings dreams of home"

#3 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

Cool Gene. I've been through there two or three times but ain't never seen no snow!!

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#4 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

Wow!! Way cool Gene.

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#5 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,307 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

Gene what a great video,thanks.Enjoyed our short talk maybe another time.Like Denali later this summer.You had a nice group there.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#6 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,320 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

Last weekend at Carrizo Plain brought us flowers and a storm:

Nice one, Gene. Good to see music being a part of the outdoors. Nice florals too!

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#7 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

That was fun to watch. Thanks, Gene.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#8 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,607 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

Looks like fun, Gene.
I'd never heard of the Carrizo Plain. Posted Image Even though I'm a CA native and lived there the first 22 years of my life, I have almost no experience with the region that's west of the Central Valley and south of the Bay Area...something to explore.

BTW: What kind of video camera were you using? Or was it a smartphone or digital still camera with a video feature?

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#9 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

Looks like fun, Gene.
I'd never heard of the Carrizo Plain. Posted Image Even though I'm a CA native and lived there the first 22 years of my life, I have almost no experience with the region that's west of the Central Valley and south of the Bay Area...something to explore.

BTW: What kind of video camera were you using? Or was it a smartphone or digital still camera with a video feature?

Now you've done it.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#10 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

Looks like fun, Gene.

Mark, Carrizo Plain became a National Monument at the same time as The Grand Staircase National Monument in Utah. They were both previous BLM that Clinton converted just before leaving office. Carrizo is just over the mountains, to the north, of Ojai. It takes 2 hours from my home to get there.

While Labor Day and Veterans Day weekends are packed everywhere, I usually go to Carrizo at that time, and see hardly a soul. During flower season there are a few more people, but not many. Population is so low, there is not even a full time ranger just a part timer who comes through rarely. Camping is free in the campgrounds, in the mountains to the west and east, you may wild camp wherever you please.

Carrizo is finally kicking the last rancher and his cows off. He was a "weekend cowboy" from San Francisco. A lawyer, I think. He broke every law in the book as far as keeping cows out of riparian area's etc.

A pleasant weekend is to join Los Padres Forest Watch to help pull down the old barbed wire fences from the previous ranches. This free's the Pronghorns to roam. http://lpfw.org/

I used my iPhone for the pictures and video.

From Baja to the Arctic and all places between!

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users