13 replies to this topic

#11 Nimbl Vehicles

Nimbl Vehicles

Gandalf the Grey

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

That place looks perfect Marc thanks for the tip. The wind kicked up good this morning so no paddle boarding, going to have to shift to hiking and climbing today but I am definitely going to hit upncamp far west.

In this picture it looks like you have a little mud on the tires, did you find some good off road trails around the lake.

Your welcome. I discovered it back in January since it is close to where my campers are being built. So this is home away from form home :-)
The campground has to parts. The rear of it has mostly dispersed camping with dirt roads. Hence the mud.
There is great fishing, I wake up to the ducks every morning!
I'll be there again next week, I'll keep an eye out for you or if yo see me come by. I;m the guy in that white camper :lol:

Posted Image

#12 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

Your welcome. I discovered it back in January since it is close to where my campers are being built. So this is home away from form home :-)
The campground has to parts. The rear of it has mostly dispersed camping with dirt roads. Hence the mud.
There is great fishing, I wake up to the ducks every morning!
I'll be there again next week, I'll keep an eye out for you or if yo see me come by. I;m the guy in that white camper :lol:

Posted Image

Sound good Mark, as long as the winds cooperate I am going to shoot for next weekend also. I need top post a picture of my new set up but I'm in a black 4 door Tundra with an older FWC on it. You'll probably notice me because I'll be throwing a ball for a black and white border collie in the hopes that it will someday tire him out :-)
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#13 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,301 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

Thanks Frank, the coastal winds are due to be too high for us to paddleboard the slough this weekend. It gets tough going human powered against the tide and wind while pushing the weight of my dog too :-) Pinto lake sounds interesting though, will have to check that out. It might be more wind protected than the slough.

I really want a lake that I can drive up, camp on the edge and put the boards right in but ost of those are high country Sierra lakes with 4x4 roads in that are still snowbound right now. It's warm and I'm itching to go, it's time to get the snow melt over with!

The really plus thing about Pinto Lake is that it would be protected from the wind. I bet the week ends are busy with people and it is a city park.There is a nice drive up lake off hwy 4 at the Spicer road turn off.It's about 9 miles in on that road and about 2 miles from Spicer lake.It's Union and Utica lake,drive up and camp.Elevation is about 6,000'.It does get windy in the afternoons like all Sierra lakes but the mornings are great.There are hiking trails in the area and even a bald eagle once in a while. Spicer lake would be nice by the dam but that lake gets very windy early and there are more people.. The snow should be gone soon.I am headed up that way this week ,will give a snow report.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#14 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

The really plus thing about Pinto Lake is that it would be protected from the wind. I bet the week ends are busy with people and it is a city park.There is a nice drive up lake off hwy 4 at the Spicer road turn off.It's about 9 miles in on that road and about 2 miles from Spicer lake.It's Union and Utica lake,drive up and camp.Elevation is about 6,000'.It does get windy in the afternoons like all Sierra lakes but the mornings are great.There are hiking trails in the area and even a bald eagle once in a while. Spicer lake would be nice by the dam but that lake gets very windy early and there are more people.. The snow should be gone soon.I am headed up that way this week ,will give a snow report.

Frank

Perfect Frank, that is great I haven't had time to drive up and check the snow conditions yet. My wife and I are trying to hit as many Sierra lakes as possible this summer with the paddle boards as soon a the melt happens. Although it's gonna be a bad mosquito hatch this year. Might have to work on a screen door for the camper :-)
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users