• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

Went up to Yosemite Thursday. Water is unbelievable. Rode the bikes all over the valley first trip taking the bikes with the Hawk. Next modification will be mounts to hang the bikes off the back of the camper. Weather could not have been better, warmer than forecast and the ranger said the water was rising. Ran in to Kodachrome and his wife at the campground saw one over 4WC in the valley but no one around. Missed Lighthawk he was due in after we left Lower Pines Camp. Only bad part of trip was a large diesel pusher who started his generator at 8:30 PM at 9:30 I banged on his door and shined a bright flashlight in his windows. After about 3 minutes the generator shut down, I think I may have woke him up.

Pictures below.

Bill in Stockton

Attached Thumbnails

• Tundra at Yosemite.jpg
  • yosemite bridge over river.jpg
  • Yosemite camp.jpg

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:41 AM

Bill, you just can go wrong with Yosemite can you? Sounds like a great time (except for the generator) and nice photos! Thanks for sharing.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:46 AM

Only bad part of trip was a large diesel pusher who started his generator at 8:30 PM at 9:30 I banged on his door and shined a bright flashlight in his windows. After about 3 minutes the generator shut down, I think I may have woke him up.

Right on!

And thanks for the report.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#4 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:02 AM

Ran in to Kodachrome and his wife at the campground saw one over 4WC in the valley but no one around. Missed Lighthawk he was due in after we left Lower Pines Camp.

Bill in Stockton

We just got back, Bill. Agree with you on everything: amazing waterfalls, great biking, nice camp @ Lower Pines, and d#%g generators.
Will post a trip report and pics soon. Sorry we missed the chance to meet you.

Andy

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users