• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Saints

The Saints

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

Ok, here is what I am thinking. Put some velcro tape on the top side of my awning on all three sides (ends and front). Then order a cloth screen that will go all the way around the awning, from one side of the awning, around the front, then back around the other side of the awning. Attach velcro around the top edge of the screen, so I can attach it to the awning. Then, place some magnets on the edges of the screen to attach to the truck. I hope this makes sense. The screen would go from the top of the awning to the ground an provide a cheap, flying insect free zone. Think this would work? would it be cost effective, compared to buying one of those instant gazebos?
Let me know what you think.

Scott, Valerie and Dukino 
2002 Tacoma Ext Cab TRD 4 X 4
2020 FourWheel Fleet, loaded

#2 1tonpaulie

1tonpaulie

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationJohnsburg, Illinois

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

We had a awning with a screen room on a Coleman Popup. What a pain in the Azz to setup. And if it was raining to reset up at home. I went to instant Gazebo up in a snap. And out here in the midwest we have BIG BUGS!

#3 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCrested Butte, CO

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

We had a awning with a screen room on a Coleman Popup. What a pain in the Azz to setup. And if it was raining to reset up at home. I went to instant Gazebo up in a snap. And out here in the midwest we have BIG BUGS!

I agree 1ton. If I figure what my time is worth, and what design may or may not work, and then spend what ever amount of time it would involve to do the installation, I think I would be into it for more than I would want to be. For me, I would rather go to REI or some other sporting goods store and buy a bug room that will work without having to do the design and installation.They are designed to keep bugs out and the set up is very quick.

Good camping,

Paul
2008 F-150 5.4L QC 4x4, ride rite air bags, 2009 Hallmark Milner LX

#4 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

I have one of these My link

Posted Image

Folding is tricky the first time or so.
RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

#5 kingb

kingb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

I'm going to be trying this in the next couple days with mosquito net - will let you know how it works. I'll probably use velcro all the way around. Someone had a personal FWC camper page with a picture of this setup with mosquito net, then a solid section they could attach for privacy. If anyone has a link to that site, I'd like to see it again first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users