• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kingb

kingb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

I just added a mosquito net to the FWC awning. Got the idea from someone's personal FWC page - they had made a mosquito net enclosure and also a solid privacy addition.

I used an IKEA mosquito net ($20) that is designed to attach to the bottom of a big umbrella. I don't think they sell that particular one online (it is in stores), but there is a similar one online. The net is the right height for the awning, and it comes in two sections. Each section covers from the front center of the awning, around the side to the truck - you don't even need to cut it. Also, it has tabs/ties spaced along the top edge - I just put velcro tabs on those rather than run a full strip of velcro all the way around. With velcro tabs spaced on the top of the awning, it "seals" pretty well along the top.

It's best to use the fuzzy side of the velcro to attach to the mosquito net - the other side catches in it.

Now I just need a single piece of net to run along the truck; this will probably attach to the bottom of the awning or just below it.

The net packs up small and it's easy to put up. It looks really good and your visibility is not affected much. Plus, it lets you avoid packing another tent (shower tent, camping tent, etc.) if you want outdoor living space in bug country.

#2 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

Let's see some pix

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#3 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Ya, where are the photos??

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#4 kingb

kingb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

Yeah, I hear you. It's not much good without pictures, but we're leaving for Alaska on Friday or Saturday and things are kind of crazy right now...I'll try to get some pics up though...

If you are interested in doing this, I suggest looking around at different net materials - they are significantly different. The stuff from IKEA doesn't block much airflow. Some of the mosquito net at the fabric store seemed like it was too solid for warm summer days.

#5 Simpleman (shanz3n5)

Simpleman (shanz3n5)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Locationcorona, ca

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

pics pics pics PLEASE

haha im searching hi and low rear wall enclosure as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users