jayaronow@gmail.com

#12 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Dick, there is no difference between the Isotherm and the Truckfridge. I have the Isotherm 65 and the difference is almost $300. Wish I'd known about Truckfridge then. I also have been happy with mine. In another thread about fridges, Pods points out that the draw is higher than others. That may be. Not sure if front opening vs top opening is the difference. Either way, the draw is low enough where we have not had a problem. A few months ago we did drain the battery while in Lassen for two nights with no driving. But it was COLD and the heater was running both nights and a lot during the day. The combination of heater and fridge is what did us in. Ski3pin was with us running his 12V fridge and heater as well. but he has solar and was showing a full charge while we were dead. We since have added solar.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#13 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

Mine dumped it's ammonia on the way to San Ignacio lagoon. I opened the door and it almost knocked me over. Luckily the wind was howling so it aired out in a hurry. Had to continue the trip with ice chests which is a PIA.

That's just how it happened to me! 3 days into a couple-week trip to Utah, and I had to resort to using one of those disposable Styrofoam ice chests -- all I could find to buy in the remote area.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users