• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Desert Rancher

Desert Rancher

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSocal desert

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

Took the old reefer out of my '86 Granbaby. The 12v side quit working. That thing was a snug fit in the cabinet and I'm sure it has never been out. It is a Dometic RM 2200

Removed the burner assy and cleaned.
Cleaned the baffle with the wire wheel. Used a dowel with emery cloth on the drill to clean out the chimney. I must have gotten about two tablespoons of rust out of there.

Heating elements ohmed out good. The schematic showed a 10a fuse inside the regulator assy. I had thought that the 12v circuit did not go through the regulator, but it does.
Took it apart and found a most interesting arrangement. They had encapsulated a European style automotive fuse (the open element type) in hard tar. Broke that apart and rewired it with an inline fuse outside of the reg. assy.

Going to the appliance shop to try and get a thermocouple and slap it back in. It actually worked pretty good until I get in 80-90 temps. Hope this will help, other wise I gotta save up!

DSC01920 (Large).JPG DSC01919 (Large).JPG
Granbaby ridin' on an F250HD 4x4, International Diesel powered T444E "And camping will grant each man new hope...as sleep brings dreams of home"

#2 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Jeff,
You just nailed the problem I've had with every 3 way fridge. They work great if all you need is 30 to 40 degrees below ambient. Ambient being the key word here. When the temps get into the 80's & 90's, 60 degree milk is pretty rank.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#3 UglyScout

UglyScout

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNewberg, OR

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

Jeff,
You just nailed the problem I've had with every 3 way fridge. They work great if all you need is 30 to 40 degrees below ambient. Ambient being the key word here. When the temps get into the 80's & 90's, 60 degree milk is pretty rank.

My brother in-law was just camping this past week with us in his hi-lux 30+ foot motor home. I gladly tossed out his mostly full gallon of cottage cheese milk when we got home. YUCK! I was very surprised that he couldn't keep it consistently cool enough, but it seems to be a common problem even in the big motor homes.

My cheapie compressor fridge was a hit when I handed him a 36 degree beer at the beach....
2002 Chevy 2500HD 1993 Four Wheel Grandby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users