• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 robski

robski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

I used to have a fleet model which I posted here before and when I sold my t100 and goes with the camper (big mistake, up to now still regret it). Anyway I just bought a ranger 2 model, short version and here is my delema and I have question for the member here who currently own one. I will need a measurement for the lower portion of the camper since the flooring, sidings (except where the sink, stove located at), front lower aluminum frame (below the front window) were remove by the PO. I will appreciate and thank you ahead if someone can provide me the exact measurement for the above issue. I'll try to get an aluminum spool gun so I can reweld the front lower frame. I will add pics later and again I'll thank ahead if someone has some time to get the measurement for me pls.

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Our 1994 Ranger II will not be off the truck for a while. If I can provide some measurements for you with it on the truck let me know. Can you do photos of what you need?

Attached Thumbnails

• Idaho-2011-502-web.jpg
  • Idaho-2011-469-web.jpg

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 robski

robski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

Where is the best place to get aluminum square tubing in sacramento area besides fourwheel or ATC? I tried 2 shops, one is blue collar but they only stock thick wall type and s&k don't carry aluminum @ all. Finally figure the measurement base on the old sidings and some materials that PO kept.

#4 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:21 AM

Got a picture of what you're currently dealing with up front since the frame was removed? Might not have to use a spool gun (if you weren't planning to buy one already) and instead use brackets and rivets.

Quick google lookup and I'd probably check these folks out as a possible supply: http://www.metalcraftwarehouse.com/

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#5 robski

robski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:15 AM

Thanks ^. I'll check them out on monday and few metal shop I googled surrounding sac area. I hope they carry the tube I'm looking for and also cheaper what ATC charge for a foot. I will upload the pics tomorrow. About getting a spool gun idea, well my wife shoot it down so I'll just do the rivets and bracket.

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

robski, there's a camper metal shop, sorry don't remember the name, just to the east of Allied Trailer Supply on El Camino, same side of the street (south side). Marty at ATC sent me there. Try them.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 robski

robski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:03 AM

Went to RV recycling and found a square tube aluminum for half less price than retail. Finish up the floor section and the next in line is the lift panel and headliner. Thanks for those who responded.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 210.jpg
  • Picture 211.jpg
  • Picture 196.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users