5 replies to this topic

#1 bike4mee

bike4mee

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDurango Colorado

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

Hey adventurers
We love the shower in our Kestral FWC. Last week in a cool site high in the mountains I was showering and saw a lot of extra water coming from the control area of the shower when the knobs were on. I took it apart and it had a micro crack in the white part of the unit. I guess it was a freeze crack from last winter. I ordered another from D & W inc. and the one they sent is bigger. Any ideas on how/ where to get the size unit that the camper came with? I also buggered a connector taking off the water supply inside. Where can I get parts to fit that PEX type piping?

#2 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

Hey adventurers
We love the shower in our Kestral FWC. Last week in a cool site high in the mountains I was showering and saw a lot of extra water coming from the control area of the shower when the knobs were on. I took it apart and it had a micro crack in the white part of the unit. I guess it was a freeze crack from last winter. I ordered another from D & W inc. and the one they sent is bigger. Any ideas on how/ where to get the size unit that the camper came with? I also buggered a connector taking off the water supply inside. Where can I get parts to fit that PEX type piping?

Give Four Wheel Campers a call. They can probably help you out.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#3 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

Just give Terry in our service department a shout when you have time.

He should be able to help you out with info and parts.

FWC SERVICE

ASK FOR TERRY

1-800-242-1442

Happy Camping !

:)

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#4 bike4mee

bike4mee

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the info. I called Terry and he thinks you must have the PEX tool to fix that plumbing connector. I wonder if anyone out there has had to fix their PEX plumbing and has used a hose clamp on the joints? It sure would be expensive to hire a plumber with the tool

Just give Terry in our service department a shout when you have time.

He should be able to help you out with info and parts.

FWC SERVICE

ASK FOR TERRY

1-800-242-1442

Happy Camping !

:)

#5 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

Unfortunately you can't use hose clamps on Pex, the tubing is just too hard. You can use slip connectors like sharkbite or seatech but you may have to change the connection to do so.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#6 bike4mee

bike4mee

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for all the advice. Sharkbite fitting worked great to connect the PEX pipe to the shower unit. Home Depot sells them and the pipe. The new shower valve costs $30 and is sltly larger so the plastic cover barely closes but it will work. I will work much harder next winter to drain the water out of the shower valve so it won't crack again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users