• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 UglyScout

UglyScout

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNewberg, OR

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:52 AM

I will have had my camper for a full year coming up in a few weeks. We went on our first trip Sept, 5 2010.

We've logged 22 nights in it so far (yes, we do actually have a log book, old fashioned paper and pen). WooHoo!!! I know for some that might not be much. But for me it is about 20 nights more than I camped the previous 2 years.

It has been awesome!!! I should have gotten an FWC years ago. I can not believe how it has changed camping and recreating for my family.
2002 Chevy 2500HD 1993 Four Wheel Grandby

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,345 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

I will have had my camper for a full year coming up in a few weeks. We went on our first trip Sept, 5 2010.

We've logged 22 nights in it so far (yes, we do actually have a log book, old fashioned paper and pen). WooHoo!!! I know for some that might not be much. But for me it is about 20 nights more than I camped the previous 2 years.

It has been awesome!!! I should have gotten an FWC years ago. I can not believe how it has changed camping and recreating for my family.

It's a great feeling isn't it? :) Good for you and your family!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 clikrf8

clikrf8

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

Getting out into the woods and mountains and deserts is great therapy for these stressful times. I echo what you said about getting a camper earlier but better late than never. Enjoy! We got ours on August 10 and have logged 3 nights so far. Hopefully, we can increase this number in the waning days of summer and into fall. I do a blog but am really behind on it.
2008 Ford F250 diesel 4x4 off road pkg 2013 Hallmark Ute http://www.clikrf8images.com/ http://clikrf8.wordp...com/2010/09/01/

#4 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

Good for you!

So what do you say is the main reason you have expanded the camping nights with the addition of the FWC?
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#5 leadsled9

leadsled9

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

Glad you are enjoying your camper!

I'm just packing up for a 6 week trip to the Colorado Rockies.

2010 Ford F250 4X4; 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel; Warn 16.5 winch; Airlift Springs; Transfer Flow 47 gal. fuel tank, BDS 4" lift kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer with upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks, Toyo 35X12.50X18 Open Country M/T tires, Pro Comp wheels;  2008 FWC Hawk Camper;  2000 Toyota Tundra.

#6 LT Traveler

LT Traveler

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

Awesome!! We picked our camper up from FWC on 4/18/11 and have now spent 13 nights in it. We stated a travel journal that stays in the camper; we document the number of nights spent, what we did, memorable moments and who we were with....should be fun looking back years from now.

Heading out Sunday Pronghorn hunting near the Black Rock desert and will log a few more nights then home and back out again for 3-nights over the labor day weekend.

We are definitely getting our money's worth thus far. We love it; it's so easy to get out for a weekend, sleep and live comfortably and then unpack at the end of the trip. Makes camping truly restful and relaxing.
2004 Nissan Titan w/ 2011 FWC Hawk

#7 UglyScout

UglyScout

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNewberg, OR

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:08 PM

Good for you!

So what do you say is the main reason you have expanded the camping nights with the addition of the FWC?

The roof and a heater. My son is now 20 months old - when we first started with the camper he wasn't yet a year old. A tent wasn't going to cut it, he wiggles, kicks, fights and pretty much tears the camper apart every night before bed. Then kicks off all of his blankets once he goes to sleep. But he LOVES the camper and loves camping and being outside.

#8 UglyScout

UglyScout

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNewberg, OR

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

We stated a travel journal that stays in the camper; we document the number of nights spent, what we did, memorable moments and who we were with....should be fun looking back years from now.

That is how we are doing it as well. Hopefully we can fill up the journal and need to get a second volume!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users