ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,341 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

That might require focusing.

.....it never ends :rolleyes:

......but they all are right about needing a lot more photos, a lot more photos! What are you doing, traveling and exploring?

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#42 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

I'm back after taking the long way home. Pics to come tomorrow!

#43 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:53 AM

I'm back after taking the long way home. Pics to come tomorrow!

Looking forward to it...as well as seeing it in person. :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#44 Gormley Green

Gormley Green

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSquamish, BC

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

...it's today! Let's see what you got!
2015 F350 FX4 with a 2010 FWC Hawk

#45 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Teaser for now

Posted Image

#46 Gormley Green

Gormley Green

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSquamish, BC

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

Teaser for now

:o :o :blink: :blink:
Daaaaammmmmnnnnn
2015 F350 FX4 with a 2010 FWC Hawk

#47 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

More! :lol:

Is that a metal vent over your stove? What's the rational with that verse another fantastic fan/vent if so?

Looks pretty slick. How's the getting in/out with it being on the side (I normally step on my bumper when I don't have stool out) and a bit taller?

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#48 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

More! :lol:

Is that a metal vent over your stove? What's the rational with that verse another fantastic fan/vent if so?

Looks pretty slick. How's the getting in/out with it being on the side (I normally step on my bumper when I don't have stool out) and a bit taller?

I didn't really specify what I wanted for vents so they put a standard vent over the stove and a Fantastic Fan over the bed. The vent spot above the stove is wired for electric so I can put another FF there if I end up wanting one.

Yes without a bumper to step on its quite a bit harder to get into. A step will be required most of the time (although I can climb up there by standing on the tire).

#49 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

Good it's wired so you can do whatever down the line. Does it use the same housing as a FF for an easy swap or do you have to change out the whole unit? Sorta surprising the see a metal cover on vents in these rigs (unless that's not metal and I'm just seeing it wrong).

Just don't eat **** trying to get in when the tire is muddy! :o (I'll run into the same issue).

Looks like you might have ended up through bolting it? Does that lip nicely nest/center the camper for you?

More pics! Very cool to see this thing done. Did it feel awesome camping in it the first time with a more spacious floor plan custom to your needs or what?

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#50 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

.....it never ends :rolleyes:

......but they all are right about needing a lot more photos, a lot more photos! What are you doing, traveling and exploring?

My wife and I have a TON of pics, but we have been on shoots all year, so it might not happen until the leaves drop. We have put an amazing amount of time in our ATC this year, about 3 days a week on average. We just bought this great new sleeping bag specifically for our rig:

http://www.rei.com/product/796072/big-agnes-cabin-creek-15-sleeping-bag-double

Tonight we are doing a lifestyle shoot under the stars....

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users