• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#101 RockCod

RockCod

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:47 AM

That is excellent, I'll live vicariously through you guys. I did the math based on your post # 97 and this ^ one above. Let's just say I'm optimistic for my build start. I would say you can actually start clicking your heels . I'm excited for both of you !!! And Merry Christmas for sure.

Rock.

Edit : I chose ATC for most of the same reasons I've read here. J & M for sure, the adjustments I can make along the way, while nothing huge, FWC doesnt seem to like changes that would possibly slow down the numbers built game. While I have no factual evidence, I also think the comparably equipped ATC is lighter, maybe ? I think they are both excellent products, but my money goes to ATC. Those guys are more about happy customers than I've ever seen in any other business. I like happy. :)

Edited by Rockcod, 25 December 2016 - 02:59 AM.

2018 FX4 3.5 V6 Supercrew HDPP.        ATC Ocelot . DELIVERED !!! 25April17.  such a fine unit it is !

Rock.....

#102 Gila

Gila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

I have been in the market for 3 years. After carefull analysis and study I decided to purchase an ATC over a FWC for my use. Why did i do this?

1 FWC has the majority of the  market and it showed when i interviewed and asked questions about the specifics of purchasing a unit. FWC represents itself as you buy what we offer.  I encountered this over the phone and thru personal inspection at the Portland Outdoor show last year. A elitist attitude towards questions asked. The reps seem disenterested in any conversation about what they were selling, You pay out the nose for any differentiation in changes or special requests.

2) ATC offers a service for what you want and how you want it. Its more fluid and customer friendly. I understand that changes in the norm cost money... how this message is communicated was critical. Having access to questions answered and problems solved also counted in my decision making.

I jumped at the purchase of an ATC bobcat vs. an eagle or fleet. Lighter in weight, customer friendly and flexiblility of options just to name a few.

#103 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:37 PM

I have been in the market for 3 years. After carefull analysis and study I decided to purchase an ATC over a FWC for my use. Why did i do this?

1 FWC has the majority of the  market and it showed when i interviewed and asked questions about the specifics of purchasing a unit. FWC represents itself as you buy what we offer.  I encountered this over the phone and thru personal inspection at the Portland Outdoor show last year. A elitist attitude towards questions asked. The reps seem disenterested in any conversation about what they were selling, You pay out the nose for any differentiation in changes or special requests.

2) ATC offers a service for what you want and how you want it. Its more fluid and customer friendly. I understand that changes in the norm cost money... how this message is communicated was critical. Having access to questions answered and problems solved also counted in my decision making.

I jumped at the purchase of an ATC bobcat vs. an eagle or fleet. Lighter in weight, customer friendly and flexiblility of options just to name a few.

Gila that is some good reasoning. Yes they make a great product as does FWC but I am still partial to the guys at ATC.Love my 09 Bobcat works great for us in all aspects.

Hope to see some pictures of your camper soon.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#104 MattC

MattC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

How long does it take to get an ATC after its ordered?

#105 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

How long does it take to get an ATC after its ordered?

All depends on how far they're backed up.  Give them a call and they can tell you.  800 446-1003

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#106 MattC

MattC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

I was just looking for a guesstimate, out of curiosity.

I am not looking to get one, because we have a FWC being delivered next month.

#107 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

Back in 2010 I ordered at the end of October and picked my ATC up in early December, 6 weeks I believe, with a fair amount of customization. At that time the late Fall and Winter was the low build season. Ordering in late Winter, anytime in Spring or Summer and the builds took longer. That was when they were in their previous, smaller building and they only had Marty, Jeff and Don. Now they are in the newer, larger building, with several additional staff, and I'd guess the number of builds are greater as the word spreads about the value of an ATC over an FWC as mentioned in this thread.

Just curious... How long did your FWC take to build?

Edited by Alley-Kat, 27 September 2017 - 02:38 PM.

#108 newtofwc

newtofwc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationChico

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Currently I was told 0.033 decades, or roughly 4 months.

*And worth it.

Edited by Advocate, 27 September 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#109 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

Currently I was told 0.033 decades, or roughly 4 months.

In my opinion, it's well worth the wait. The ATC team has a can do attitute, builds strong and quality campers, and they stand behind their product. I've had other experiences with my previous campers. ATC is a gem!!!!

I am haunted by waters

#110 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

In 2009 when we ordered our Bobcat it was on Oct 12 and took delivery 3 Dec.

That was at the old place and only had room for a couple campers to be in construction at a time.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users