Photo

What to repair cracks/holes in canvas with?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 gandhii

gandhii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:18 AM

We use 303 as a protectant and moisturizer for the vinyl, and this may help with the stiffness, but not sure how it will react with the cement.

I guess we're going to find out. ;]
303 will be my next step when I am finished with the patches this coming weekend.

So what do you use for the vinyl windows?

#22 MidnightRider

MidnightRider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles California

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

I found some stuff that comes in a roll that makes an excellent patch you can cut to size. It comes in different colors too, and can be usefull for lots of other things as well. It's called Duct Tape........... Lol. Sorry had to say it.

I have actually used it to make a repair in the rear corner canvas on mine. The canvas was ripping where it had been stapled to the ceiling, so I made a reinforced edge on the canvas with duck tape and tapp'd the staples/canvas back into place with a hammer and screwdriver. So far so good.

#23 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

Heh. Maybe we should make "Duct Tape" a "Sticky" in the gear forum...

#24 CraggyMan

CraggyMan

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBend OR

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

While on this subject and maybe someone can just direct me to the appropriate thread but is there a repair type kit for the bug screen/windows?? My long in the tooth 85 Palomino has many tears from age/cracking and a heavy bug season could be ahead.

2016 Four Wheel - Fleet, 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD - https://www.flickr.c...sertdustimages/

#25 gandhii

gandhii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I used the same vinyl repair I mentioned earlier in this thread. Just two pieces of same size and stuck them together from opposite sides of the screen. ie.. one stuck on the outside, one stuck on the inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users