• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

This morning, I remembered this statement on the ATC web site...

One of the new features that we have made standard in all campers is what we call the "extended bed". The extended bed comes out over your cab 48"...

Besides configuring a camper, I am also going to buy a '07 or '08 Tundra Regular Cab Long Bed 4x4 4.7L truck.

Ben sent me a link to see a Cougar on a Dodge Long Bed... https://www.allterra...lin_s_Page.html

But, I am not sure I like that. :(

Does any one know of an ATC with extender bed on a '07 Tundra Reg Cab?

Mike

#2 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:20 PM

Jeff and Marti at ATC told me that I was only the 3rd install on an 07 Tundra (bobcat on doublecab, seen here). Here is a link to a pic of a Cougar on a long bed double cab.
https://www.allterra...cki_s_Page.html
I don't know of any on reg cabs yet, but I'm sure Ben can confirm.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#3 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

I am also going to buy a '07 or '08 Tundra Regular Cab Long Bed 4x4 4.7L truck.
Mike

For what its worth, I've read that the 4.7 gets worse mileage than the 5.7 because it needs so much more power. I have the 5.7 and the power is really nice, mileage is about 14.5 with camper at high speeds and 19 on the highway empty. City driving is around 15.5 unloaded. Remember, this truck is much heavier than the the one it replaces, so the carried over 4.7 has to do more work. I suggest driving both before deciding. Just my opinon. Good luck.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#4 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:30 PM

I really do appreciate see those pictures, but I am buying an old fashion regular pickup truck... no back seat.

This truck will be used to haul lumber while I build a house, haul a sheet load of lama poop for a one acre garden, and haul firewood for many many years.

I don't know of any on reg cabs yet, but I'm sure Ben can confirm.

I have already traded email with him about this... he sent me the link listed in my original post.

Thanks anyway,
Mike

#5 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

I suggest driving both before deciding. Just my opinon. Good luck.

Do you think I can find a car dealer than would allow me to fill the long bed with firewood to see how it handles with a load?

Also, I have worked with four Toyota dealers to find a Reg Cab Long Bed 5.7L and they searched with in 1000 miles of me, and they can not find one in the Toyota database.

I have searched ALL Toyota dealer websites for Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and have only found two or three.

When I gave these to the dealer, he said he could not find them. I even gave him the VIN and he still could not find them. When I finally got him to go directly to the out of state dealer wed site, he could see them.

I think I pissed him off I was doing his job... he stopped calling me.

Mike

#6 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:15 AM

Do you think I can find a car dealer than would allow me to fill the long bed with firewood to see how it handles with a load?

I guess that depends on how well you know the dealer. My experience with the loads, is that it handles them very well for a 1/2 ton, but you can fit a lot of wood in an 8' bed! I wouldn't expect to carry much over 1 ton safely. I think the reg cab is rated for 2000#.

Also, I have worked with four Toyota dealers to find a Reg Cab Long Bed 5.7L and they searched with in 1000 miles of me, and they can not find one in the Toyota database.

I would try AAA or carsdirect.com buying services. They get you a really good price (probably not the absolute lowest, but very reasonable, like $1200 over invoice) and do all the work to get what you want. I used carsdirect and they went through the fleet dept of a large regional dealer to "order" what I wanted. "Ordering" with Toyota is nearly impossible, so what they do is find a truck like you want (reg cab, 5.7) and "allocate" it to the dealer. Then the dealer customizes it, some of it done "at the port" (ie in a sepate factory here in the US) in Toyota's two-stage build process and you get it about 2 months later. You still get to trade in or use Toyota financing. Good luck.
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

#7 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:59 AM

I used carsdirect...

I also tried them, I sent my info to them 8/2/2007 8:26 PM, and the email they sent me says...

Your request for a 2007 Toyota Tundra has been sent to a member dealer within the CarsDirect Certified Dealer Network. A dealer representative will contact you by the end of the next business day.

Guess what, I have not heard from them. :(

Well, I would guess the other posters on this forum are tired of hearing about my truck problems, so back on topic.

Ben has assured me that from inside the regular cab truck, I can not see the camper. :D

So, I just talked to Ben for about an hour on options I want on a Cougar. :)

Once Ben and I have those finalized, I will post my Cougar options to see what all of you think.

Mike

#8 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:21 AM

Ben has assured me that from inside the regular cab truck, I can not see the camper. :D

I assume you mean the width, so as it doesn't block your side view mirrors? My bobcat is the same width and with the jacks off, it view is just fine.

Sorry to hear about carsdirect. I have used them twice with excellent results. Just call their 800 number and get someone right away.
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

#9 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:52 AM

I assume you mean the width, so as it doesn't block your side view mirrors? My bobcat is the same width and with the jacks off, it view is just fine.

No, I was very concerned about the 48" extended bed sticking way over the front windshield.

Ben said, the real problem would be hitting my head getting out of the truck since the Cougar is 84" wide. He also said, after the second time I smack myself, I would remember. :eek:

Sorry to hear about carsdirect. I have used them twice with excellent results. Just call their 800 number and get someone right away.

Will do.

THANKS,
Mike

#10 Pete D

Pete D

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

Ben said, the real problem would be hitting my head getting out of the truck since the Cougar is 84" wide. He also said, after the second time I smack myself, I would remember. :eek:

I've found that I hit my head often on extended windows, overhead boats, etc., and am a slow learner (and each time I hit it again, the learning process seems to slow more...), esp if I am wearing a cap with a bill, so I've learned to hang stuf like a cord or piece of survey tape or something like that so it extends into my horizontal line of sight. Usually works :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users