randygirl

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

So that's where you've been, randygirl! Posted Image
Since you hadn't posted in months I figured you'd left us. Posted Image
No internet connection on the road?

So...will there be a massive trip report to follow sometime soon?

Didn't leave you guys!! You were instrumental on getting me ready to go.
Pure laziness is why you never heard from me. Only had the internet on my phone..
Too busy fishing, being a tourist, hiking, and being unplugged!
Back to real life.

Not sure how organized I can be for a trip report.... Did run into a few other FWC folks in Alaska.

But, I'm back.... and real life is no fun. Back to work to save for next summer.
Dogs are ready to go......

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 (LBZ) Duramax Diesel& 2002 Hawk, 2 dogs and a lust for adventure ;-) 

#22 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

I prefer not to have the dog in the FWC. My truck has a back seat and I built a filler to cover the area in front of the seat, then ordered a custom dog bed to fit the back seat. The dog also sleeps in the back seat and is generally only in the camper if it's raining during the day. During the day while parked, I leave the back door open and she just jumps in and out as she pleases. Might not work for a couple big Shepard's.

The dog rides in the front/back site when on the road and sleeps on the couch-
Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#23 randygirl

randygirl

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

Gonzo in the bed looking out the window!! His favorite spot the whole trip...

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

On the couch...

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 (LBZ) Duramax Diesel& 2002 Hawk, 2 dogs and a lust for adventure ;-) 

#24 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

I have a 50lb border collie and he is always with me. He is crate trained because he's a rescue and has bad separation anxiety. He has never torn up my truck but has eaten on the prius when we first got him. So if we have to leave him in the camper for an extended period of time we have a plastic travel crate that splits into two pieces, clam shell style, so we can get it through the door and then assemble it once it's inside. We put the downstairs bed down, set the crate on it and he goes right in, loves his crate. That way if we have to leave him we can leave all the windows open and not worry about him trying to escape to come find us. He picked his own corner to sleep in and loves it. I reupholstered our camper so I cover the couches with old blankets so he doesn't get them all dirty. Getting in and out is a problem now that I bought a new Tundra that is higher than my old truck so I just bought the materials to build a ramp for him. He loves the camper though, if I open the door to it for any reason he jumps right in, goes to his spot and lays down. Lot's of dog towels are also very helpful.

Ryder on a rainy evening at Prewitt Ridge

Posted Image
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#25 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

Geez that posted that photo huge! Must have missed a setting somewhere but of the 4 photos I attempted to upload that is the only one that worked and it came up jumbo. Whoops.
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#26 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

Here are the shots I was going for:

Dog towels are a must:

Posted Image

This is his spot in the camper and when it's raining he gets breakfast in bed:

Posted Image

And occasionally he will come up in the bunk for a nap but theres not room for him to sleep up there with me and the wife:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users