• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

Just want to add that it was a great time. Really enjoyed meeting everyone and shooting the breeze. Mrs. Brett13 is looking forward to another, especially if Mrs. Home Skillet comes along.

<----I, for one, like my new avatar too
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#22 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:44 AM

I recognize some of the vehicles on the playa line-up but not all. Can you I.D. the players for us?

What? No stories of debauchery? No new nick names for members? Hardly sounds like a Dirty Dog Rally to me.

Should have been with you guys, instead of going to the coast (but i had too), weather was nice., but they are really going to close down the ca. park system in the north, yep, a 1/10% of one % of the ca budget and they called the bluff, so we loose the parks. Jack Londan State Park included. seems like they gave up fighting for it! Well, smelled the sea air and its time to head back to the desert!
Smoke
Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#23 home skillet

home skillet

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationWenatchee, WA

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

Just want to add that it was a great time. Really enjoyed meeting everyone and shooting the breeze. Mrs. Brett13 is looking forward to another, especially if Mrs. Home Skillet comes along.

<----I, for one, like my new avatar too

I laughed for about 15 minutes after Dirty Dog pointed out your new avatar! Sooooo funny.

Ya, Mrs. Skillet is totally stoked to be hittin another rally. She had a great time and was soooo happy to have been able to spend time with Mrs. Brett13. I think you can count on us both in the near future.

Home Skillet

Drive far away then stand in the water slinging bugs

#24 locrwln

locrwln

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

Looks like a great trip/rally. Sorry to have missed it. We had obligations on Saturday morning, so no way for us to make it, plus we were heading south.

Jack

2007 Chevy 2500HD Max/Ali combo 2008 FWC Hawk Shell

My build thread:  http://www.expeditio...007-Chevy-Build

#25 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,342 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

I laughed for about 15 minutes after Dirty Dog pointed out your new avatar! Sooooo funny.

<snip>

Home Skillet

some of us who didn't make it would like to laugh too :rolleyes:

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#26 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

Alright so I think it had been mentioned earlier in the day that you better be careful your you might earn yourself a custom title.......

Fast forward a couple hours and we are at Double Hot Springs. There is a group of I believe 3 guys that are on some kind of epic multi-day walk across the desert with almost no supplies. So Brett (lovecock) talks to them for a bit then he was telling me what they said and he states "They started in Lovecock down on I80...." and I interupt "don't you mean Lovelock?" and poor Brett replies "Uh yeah what did I say?". "Lovecock". And that is when a look of dread and realization falls across Bretts face and he mutters in desperation "hey you can't use that as my title...." but the gods had spoken and it was a done deal.

And we all had quite a bit of fun with that name for the rest of the trip.

#27 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:59 AM

DD, I think you have pretty much ensured that Brett will never change his avatar again...just sayen...Posted Image

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#28 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:01 AM

Thats a great story. And perhaps a warning :o

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#29 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

DD, I think you have pretty much ensured that Brett will never change his avatar again...just sayen...Posted Image

LOL thats funny :D I bet he shows up at the next rally with a shirt bearing the same image.

#30 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,342 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

....................And that is when a look of dread and realization falls across Bretts face and he mutters in desperation "hey you can't use that as my title...." but the gods had spoken and it was a done deal.

wonderful, well done and well earned.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users