• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

Four Wheel Campers is staring a new Educational Video Series about our pop-up campers

and some of the construction techniques we use to build them.

Here is the first series for anyone interested in checking them out.

Each video is approx. 8 minutes long.

VIDEO #1 -- Part 1 (10/25/2011)

VIDEO #2 -- Part 2 (10/25/2011)

more videos to follow as we have time . . .

:)

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#2 Bisleybud

Bisleybud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTucson ,Arizona Territory

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:49 AM

Great job Tom.Nice cameo Stan...Celeste needs more camera time.Good idea not to put Budd infront of the camera!!Just kiddin Terry..

#3 White Dog

White Dog

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNiverville, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:17 AM

Thanks Stan!

I, for one, appreciate seeing how the campers are put together. It gives me that bit more assurance that a lot of the details are being thought through completely.

Somehow I new the seamless one-piece roof was going to involve 3M.
2011 Toyota Tundra with a FWC Grandby

#4 griz

griz

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationCampbell River, B.C.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:09 AM

Great job, waiting for part 3. One thing if I can ask here, want are the new sealants you use. So many on the market.

Thks
"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

#5 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:46 AM

Cool to put some faces with the names...Chicali is indeed the man! (Stan goes without saying)

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#6 fourwheeltom

fourwheeltom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

Great job, waiting for part 3. One thing if I can ask here, want are the new sealants you use. So many on the market.

Thks

Hi Griz,
Incredibly enough, some manufacturers are still using putty tape and silicone as primary sealants. Over the last ten years, we have transitioned over to a number of modern sealants and adhesives. We use a few products from the Sika Corp. line of automotive products - extremely effective and used by European and American production facilities. Urethane type sealants are used in some of the weather exposed areas, and one of the reasons is that silicone caulk shrinks, gets dirty fast, and generates static attraction. Under moldings and places like the jack brackets we use butyl tape. Very effective and stretches like chewing gum to seal around screws. Pain in the neck to work with, but good stuff. Hope this answers your question.
Tom

#7 fourwheeltom

fourwheeltom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:53 AM

Great job Tom.Nice cameo Stan...Celeste needs more camera time.Good idea not to put Budd infront of the camera!!Just kiddin Terry..

Howdy,
Thanks for the compliment! Stan is a driving force behind getting these videos done, so he deserves a lot of credit. We'll try to drag Celeste out from behind the camera, but she does a great job of reading my moves and leading the camera to where I'm going... not a surprise... we've been together for 30 years. Budd? We keep Terry way too busy running service and repairs for us. I don't know how we got along before he came on board. As many of youknow, service was a difficult part of our operation... it took a long time to work our way out of influences from the old regime. Terry is a key part of what we're doing now, and huge support and assistance for Chicali, Jason, and myself. Part three of the video is starting... looking at interior improvements. Then we'll do some tutorials on how stuff works. Stay tuned!
tom

#8 griz

griz

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationCampbell River, B.C.

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

Yes it is a good product, and one that I use. Thought I would double check. Hate leaks. Not good for the blood pressure.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users