• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Kodachrome

Kodachrome

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationColorado Rockies

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

In terms of mega pixels, anything above 4 is fine for most folks. My wife's new iPhone is killer at 8, could easily hold a full page in a magazine. Besides, it ain't the car, it is and always will be the driver...:-)

P.S. most of that show were 9" x 9" prints but two went as big as 30" x 30" and looked great....from an iPhone, sold enough to pay for ten phones, LOL.

Instagram

407 HP Supercharged 2005 Tacoma / 550W Solarcharged 2009 ATC Bobcat.

#12 CD Noble

CD Noble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLebec, CA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

When I'm carrying my Canon G10 on job site visits I shoot jpegs @ 5MP.
I can zoom in later and see details sufficient for my needs. IF the exposure is well balanced, I could easily use them to share on the web.
However, if I'm serious about a shot, like a landscape for example, I change settings to RAW file, using all 14MP. I'll come back with more data to 'develop' and possibly crop. I've published magazine photos with this set up.

I like camera phones ability to GPS, tag and upload photos to the web. Seamlessly!
With facial recognition, soon all your friends will be in the great database in the sky.
What P&S and phone cams don't do well is lock focus fast enough for action, or allow for high end lenses (i.e. fast, long, wide).
Both DSLR's and phone cams are going video. That's the future and the future is now.

Chuck

#13 CD Noble

CD Noble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLebec, CA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

I do not like phone GPS as criminals using GEO Tracking can use it to break into your homes or grab your kids It is becoming a big problem in larger towns and cities. As A professional photographer of 45 years I always shoot at the highest resolution and save the original files. Then in photoshop you can save copies at lower resolutions. Once you damage your original file you will find out that you will need it in full resolution. i have blown up 8 megapixel photos to bill board size and have had many wildlife photos published and all require a full sized resolution. I have just purchased my first Hawk to aid me in my photography and am looking fwd to getting it out
Chuck

#14 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,041 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

On my phone its very easy to just turn the gps feature off. I never use it. Don't want the black helicopters finding my favorite camp sites <_<

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users